IMO - break the piggy bank open for Savage

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky79

if we are chasing Norris and Kavanagh we should pay a couple of million for savage. he is consdering sunderland, wigan or derby and is not averse to a relegation battle. bring him back as captain on top whack and we;ll be able to bring in a few players off the back of it. i think we should at least put a bid in.

I would agree with that! Got to be worth a try. Dont think the fee would be to much of a problem it would be his wages, we couldnt offer him anywhere near sunderland/derby etc.

if we are chasing Norris and Kavanagh we should pay a couple of million for savage. he is consdering sunderland, wigan or derby and is not averse to a relegation battle. bring him back as captain on top whack and we;ll be able to bring in a few players off the back of it. i think we should at least put a bid in.

I agree would be just the type of player we need to get this club fecking fired up again. I know many thought the guy was a complete tosser but for whatever club he plays for he gives 110% and wants to win football matches. Would be as great signing IMO.

£2m plus on a 33 year old who has a big list of recent injuries is bonkers IMO.

Savage is yesterday's man - we should preserve our memories of him rather spoiling them through folly.

Should not sign savage. His game was built on getting about everywhere - on having a good engine more than anything else. In fact I don't think he did have much else. That engine must be badly diminished at his age. Kavanagh on the other hand offers much more in my opinion and whatever Savage would cost in terms of fee/wages would be better spent elsewhere

2m for savage is nothing considering we are apparently looking at paying 1m for 34 year old kavanagh who has never performed at the levels savage has. i'd still have a tug at his heart strings, see if he'd rather play for leicester than sunderland or derby who are going to get relegated anyway. offer him a 3 year contract to give him something to think about

he's added free kicks and actual forward passing to his game over the last few years. i'd go for him ahead of kavanagh.

but PLEASE ollie, get us some players to care about this week. for christ sake. it's not his fault he has to play fryatt and hume on the flanks. WE'VE GOT F*CK ALL ELSE.

as things stand i couldn't care less what midfield we put out. THEY ARE ALL SH*T. sheehan clemence,weso, king, ngotty kenton blah blah blah are ALL SHIT MIDFIELDERS. and they will relegate us unless things change. FACTOID
:100:

2m for savage is nothing considering we are apparently looking at paying 1m for 34 year old kavanagh who has never performed at the levels savage has. i'd still have a tug at his heart strings, see if he'd rather play for leicester than sunderland or derby who are going to get relegated anyway. offer him a 3 year contract to give him something to think about

he's added free kicks and actual forward passing to his game over the last few years. i'd go for him ahead of kavanagh.

but PLEASE ollie, get us some players to care about this week. for christ sake. it's not his fault he has to play fryatt and hume on the flanks. WE'VE GOT F*CK ALL ELSE.

as things stand i couldn't care less what midfield we put out. THEY ARE ALL SH*T. sheehan clemence,weso, king, ngotty kenton blah blah blah are ALL SHIT MIDFIELDERS. and they will relegate us unless things change. FACTOID

You think he has any affection for LCFC ? Savage will go to whoever pays him the most

We aren't looking at paying 1m for Kavanagh?!?!?!?!?!? HE IS ON A FREE!!

we shouldn't be paying millions for anyone for fecks sake, we'll have a multimillion squad in league one, that'll be brilliant wont it. especially if MM then decides its time to feck off

2m for savage is nothing considering we are apparently looking at paying 1m for 34 year old kavanagh who has never performed at the levels savage has. i'd still have a tug at his heart strings, see if he'd rather play for leicester than sunderland or derby who are going to get relegated anyway.

Kav is a free agent and would only cost us wages

Sunderland boss Roy Keane has admitted his surprise at the lack of offers for midfielder Graham Kavanagh.

The 34-year-old former Republic of Ireland international is available on a free transfer yet no club has made a firm move for the player, who is highly rated by Keane.

Kavanagh was a Premier League regular before dropping down a division last season to help Sunderland win the Championship.

He has not featured for the Black Cats in the top flight this season but proved he still has the talent whilst on loan at Sheffield Wednesday earlier on in the campaign.

Fair
"We've had lots of inquiries about Kav, lots of phone calls but as yet no firm offer," Keane told the Sunderland Echo.

"And I have to say that surprises me. We are not asking for a fee for him so there is only his wages to look at.

"I have tried to be fair to players who can leave and I think I have been fair with Kav in not looking to stand in his way and in not asking for a fee.

Last edited by a moderator:
You think he has any affection for LCFC ? Savage will go to whoever pays him the most

After the crap I heard him say about Leicester and the fans in a radio interview soon after leaving us he can feck off.

I don't expect players who leave to wax lyrical about their time at a previous club, I do however expect players who were given 100% support when castigated by the rest of the country and who probably didn't have it better career-wise that they would at least show a tad of respect to that club and the fans who defended his style of play instead of slagging them off.

As far as I'm concerned, yes he was an integral part of the MON years but he's an egotistical wassock who never thinks before he opens his gob.

IMO break the piggy bank on his head.

Stinks of desperation.....

I'll thank pelican head for his time at City but he's yesterdays' man.....Never go back!

I love the bloke, but I think for the money we would have to shell out for him we could get 3 or 4 decent players instead which will be more beneficial to us both now and in the long run.

I'm really unconvinced by Kavanagh as well to be honest, but he would at least be a better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669