In Appreciation Of Enzo

With our best player gone, a load more leaving and those who were left absolutely destroyed physically and especially mentally, we were in real danger of going down the shitter.

Don’t give me the ‘best squad in the league so we should be at the top of the league anyway’ nonsense. We had a squad far far better than half the teams we were playing last season but it didn’t help us then, did it? What a complete load of old cobblers

We were in a dark, dark place and it could actually have gone much darker.

This fella was a massive gamble, and how he has approached the whole thing made it even more so - a completely new way of playing that, on the surface, looked like we didn’t have a single player who could execute it.

New, untested, signings that we knew little about and could have gone tits up, and insisting on accommodating players who most on here thought were shite and have would have happily given away for free - Vestergaard and Ndidi being the most obvious, although a few would have happily dumped Vardy, Nacho and KDH as well.

The whole squad was a complete mess, and the supporters were sick of watching piss poor shite week after week after week.

It’s only been twelve games but what he has done so far is genuinely transformative and exceptional. The way he has improved the technical ability of some of them is extraordinary, really.

The best start to a campaign at this level by any team ever, and some daft sods just shrug their shoulders and say we should be doing that anyway, like that has ever been the story of football ever, particularly this Club.

What we’ve seen in such a short space of time is unprecedented in this League, and I‘m pretty sure that we have NEVER seen a City team that has absolutely dominated football matches in the way that this one does. If you cannot see that, there is no hope for you.

Again, though, it’s just 12 matches played , and it could all go downhill rapidly if teams in this league find a way to stop what we do. I cannot see that happening, but you can’t predict anything in football.

Personally I think he knows he’s not even half way to where he wants to be with this team, and I find that a very exciting prospect - I can’t wait to see what happens next.

In a way that’s what I’m most pleased about with what he has done. I hated everything about last season. I hated the **** of a manager, and I hated the whole attitude of the players on and off the pitch, and I began to hate going to matches. My boys were the same, and started making excuses not to go. This season we are all loving it - loving what we see on the pitch, loving talking about the players and how we play, and looking forward to going to every single match. Again that could all change quite quickly, and we go back to being dull and average, but I’m all over this guy right now - I think he could be exceptional.
Agree on all fronts.

I put a bet on us to be relegated because I could not see how he would turn this shitshow round.

Never been happier to lose my money.

Agree on all fronts.

I put a bet on us to be relegated because I could not see how he would turn this shitshow round.

Never been happier to lose my money.
I did too. I didn’t think we’d get relegated but I thought the odds were ridiculous and could present a good cash out opportunity.

That’s £5 I’m glad I won’t get back

I won't be completely happy until we are more ruthless in front of goal. At 1- 2 yesterday Vardy and Ndidi missed absolute sitters and should have scored.

With our best player gone, a load more leaving and those who were left absolutely destroyed physically and especially mentally, we were in real danger of going down the shitter.

Don’t give me the ‘best squad in the league so we should be at the top of the league anyway’ nonsense. We had a squad far far better than half the teams we were playing last season but it didn’t help us then, did it? What a complete load of old cobblers

We were in a dark, dark place and it could actually have gone much darker.

This fella was a massive gamble, and how he has approached the whole thing made it even more so - a completely new way of playing that, on the surface, looked like we didn’t have a single player who could execute it.

New, untested, signings that we knew little about and could have gone tits up, and insisting on accommodating players who most on here thought were shite and have would have happily given away for free - Vestergaard and Ndidi being the most obvious, although a few would have happily dumped Vardy, Nacho and KDH as well.

The whole squad was a complete mess, and the supporters were sick of watching piss poor shite week after week after week.

It’s only been twelve games but what he has done so far is genuinely transformative and exceptional. The way he has improved the technical ability of some of them is extraordinary, really.

The best start to a campaign at this level by any team ever, and some daft sods just shrug their shoulders and say we should be doing that anyway, like that has ever been the story of football ever, particularly this Club.

What we’ve seen in such a short space of time is unprecedented in this League, and I‘m pretty sure that we have NEVER seen a City team that has absolutely dominated football matches in the way that this one does. If you cannot see that, there is no hope for you.

Again, though, it’s just 12 matches played , and it could all go downhill rapidly if teams in this league find a way to stop what we do. I cannot see that happening, but you can’t predict anything in football.

Personally I think he knows he’s not even half way to where he wants to be with this team, and I find that a very exciting prospect - I can’t wait to see what happens next.

In a way that’s what I’m most pleased about with what he has done. I hated everything about last season. I hated the **** of a manager, and I hated the whole attitude of the players on and off the pitch, and I began to hate going to matches. My boys were the same, and started making excuses not to go. This season we are all loving it - loving what we see on the pitch, loving talking about the players and how we play, and looking forward to going to every single match. Again that could all change quite quickly, and we go back to being dull and average, but I’m all over this guy right now - I think he could be exceptional.
Could not agree more. I hated last season and now can't wait for our next game. For Enzo to have got these players doing what they are in so short a time is nothing less than miraculous. Is he some sort of Italian Magician?

I often look at the forums of our next opponents and they all see us as a "free hit". We truly are the Man city of the Championship!

Agree with most if not all of your post. But this bit has me wondering....has the loss of our best player and a few more of the supposed best players been the greatest contribution to our success this season. Getting rid of that sense of entitlement and a generally shit nonchalant attitude around the squad. Definitely IMO.

Agree with most if not all of your post. But this bit has me wondering....has the loss of our best player and a few more of the supposed best players been the greatest contribution to our success this season. Getting rid of that sense of entitlement and a generally shit nonchalant attitude around the squad. Definitely IMO.
I’m inclined to agree. Maddison is an exceptional player but I get the impression that he loves himself.

Youri had dillusions of grandeur and is now languishing at Villa.

Barnes doesn’t come across badly but was very ‘streaky” in his performances, perhaps his attitude wasn’t right?

I also have to admit that Castagne comes across as a petulant, spoilt twat.

The above, allied with a manager who was shot and seemingly determined to see us fail, ultimately resulted in failure.

Perhaps the toxicity was what needed removing along with a few “big time Charlie’s” and now this has been achieved we are galvanised?

I’m inclined to agree. Maddison is an exceptional player but I get the impression that he loves himself.

Youri had dillusions of grandeur and is now languishing at Villa.

Barnes doesn’t come across badly but was very ‘streaky” in his performances, perhaps his attitude wasn’t right?

I also have to admit that Castagne comes across as a petulant, spoilt twat.

The above, allied with a manager who was shot and seemingly determined to see us fail, ultimately resulted in failure.

Perhaps the toxicity was what needed removing along with a few “big time Charlie’s” and now this has been achieved we are galvanised?
While they’re obviously better, more experienced players with higher ceilings, Barnes and Tielemans never would have given us the same level that Mavididi and Winks have this season.

Hungry players > Billy Big Bollocks every day of the week. Leicester fans know that better than anyone.

While they’re obviously better, more experienced players with higher ceilings, Barnes and Tielemans never would have given us the same level that Mavididi and Winks have this season.

Hungry players > Billy Big Bollocks every day of the week. Leicester fans know that better than anyone.

That's it Teddy boy. It feels like a Leicester team now. We've had players surrendering a goal opportunity for themselves for someone who had an easier tap in in recent weeks. None of this fighting over who gets the miss the penalty in an important game which could make or break. Give me a half cut Ian Marshall over a half arsed Youri **** Tielemans any day. Not that i expect any of this lot are half cut or full of snout and pie but you get my point.....

Glad you called this out. Talk about entitlement! To be of the opinion that our start to the season has been purely acceptable and no more is perhaps the biggest load of shite I've ever heard.

I could understand Leeds and Southampton's starts as being 'acceptable' (despite them both being pretty good in terms of new managers also having to rebuild squads). Considering I thought that we were coming down in worse condition than either, I would have been happy to be in the play-off positions and looking to push on, but this is incredible - we're looking not just likely to go up as champions but to smash all records doing so, with teams just not seeing themselves as having much of a chance. Teams that have walked the Championship before, Burnley last season, Fulham, Reading, Newcastle and so on, none looked like this so early on.

1000018149.png

I keep looking at the table. It really is ridiculous. We are absolutely pissing the league (at the minute).

During pre-season we were all disillusioned at the shit show tour of Asia and our hopeless preparations. We lost our big players and were stuck with the likes of Vestergaard, injury prone Ricardo Pereira and a finished Jamie Vardy.

Enzo has to take enormous credit. Can anything stop us?

Shame we can't get rid of the same nonchalant attitude in the stands tbh.

Record breakers and it's a library that empties at 80 minutes.

Shame we can't get rid of the same nonchalant attitude in the stands tbh.

Record breakers and it's a library that empties at 80 minutes.

They all think we're entitled to be at the top of the table - wins are a given for some people

****tards, the lot of 'em

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664