Incident after Macclesfield game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singth

I was wondering if anybody here was witness to a road rage attack in Leicester after the game on Tuesday night.

My Dad and Uncle had their car attacked by some lads in two cars at the Saffron Lane/Aylestone Road traffic lights after leaving the game on Tuesday. One of them jumped on the roof of my Dads car, kicked the windscreen and tried to punch the drivers side window through whilst they had stopped at the lights. There were other cars both at the side and behind and, I would assume, fans still walking to their cars. Did anybody see anything?

I am going with him to the police today as he is too shaken up to have done it before. If anybody did see something then I would really appreciate them reporting it as this was a disgraceful attack on two blokes in their late sixties and the scum that did it clearly have no concern for attacking pensioners in public.

Thanks.

I was wondering if anybody here was witness to a road rage attack in Leicester after the game on Tuesday night.

My Dad and Uncle had their car attacked by some lads in two cars at the Saffron Lane/Aylestone Road traffic lights after leaving the game on Tuesday. One of them jumped on the roof of my Dads car, kicked the windscreen and tried to punch the drivers side window through whilst they had stopped at the lights. There were other cars both at the side and behind and, I would assume, fans still walking to their cars. Did anybody see anything?

I am going with him to the police today as he is too shaken up to have done it before. If anybody did see something then I would really appreciate them reporting it as this was a disgraceful attack on two blokes in their late sixties and the scum that did it clearly have no concern for attacking pensioners in public.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear Singht this happend to your family.

I hope these ****ers that did this get caught. Some people are so unbelievable to attack the eldery and just after a footie match.

Been to see the police today and, man are they amazing sometimes!

After spending 15 minutes filling out paperwork whilst asking the usual questions, the WPCSO finished by asking if the guy had stopped to give his details. I asked why she thought he'd do that and after another peninmouthwhilstconcentrating moment she realised she was filling an accident collision form.

I then asked if it was OK to repair the roof as it had been dented (or caved in) to the extent where the roof was pushing through the interior headlining. She said to leave it until an officer had been out and taken a formal statement, which will take "2-4 days". When I pointed out that it was dangerous to drive until repaired she said to "just drive carefully or not at all".

Not sure if I came away from there happy or not, I guess I will be once the proper police get involved. She did say that there may be cameras around that captured the incident plus there could be witness reports that have already been filed so it may be further down the line than it feels now.

Again, if anybody did see anything you should report it. I am, of course, upset that this happened to my Dad and Uncle but the worst thing is that these wankers did this in full view of the public to two pensioners and they should be taken (out) off the streets.

There is a CCTV camera pointing toward the Nissan garage for traffic monitoring.would it have been caught on the camera. Although I assume the police wont be overly interested.

There is a CCTV camera pointing toward the Nissan garage for traffic monitoring.would it have been caught on the camera. Although I assume the police wont be overly interested.

I think it's the criminal activity part that puts them off investigating.

I wouldn't expect the police to do much, someone I know had his car destroyed by a former friend of his daughter, he gave all contact details of the offender and several witness statements to the police and their response was that they 'couldn't contact the offender- no action'

Is there? Hopefully that will give them enough evidence to do something though, as you say, they don't seem to be hugely interested.

Is there? Hopefully that will give them enough evidence to do something though, as you say, they don't seem to be hugely interested.

Why dont you ask the mockery if they will print an appeal for witnesses to the attack of the pensioners?

Why dont you ask the mockery if they will print an appeal for witnesses to the attack of the pensioners?

My brother suggested that but I assumed they would show as much interest as the police. Is this something I could do then?

My brother suggested that but I assumed they would show as much interest as the police. Is this something I could do then?

They Mercury would love it, good call lazz

Give them an angle to go with as well.
"Leicestershire police fail to investigate vicious attack on pensioners"

Pensioners windscreen damages poor youths foot. Compensation claim underway. Police busy investigating ferral kids claims of boredom in Barwell.

Pensioners windscreen damages poor youths foot. Compensation claim underway. Police busy investigating ferral kids claims of boredom in Barwell.

Ha!

The crazy thing is that they'd win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572