Insider Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunc

The board apparently have lost faith with MA, but can't sack him as they have no money. Basically til he walks Adams is our manager.

This would also imply we have no money for a currently employed manager which lends weight to the argument that Keown will become manager.

That is 100% reliable (the first bit anyway).

If they genuinely think that way, then why don't they just sack Alan Cork, and Adams would then feel obligated to walk ?

Dunc said:
This would also imply we have no money for a currently employed manager which lends weight to the argument that Keown will become manager.

... or one of the myriad of unemployed managers ... there's plenty of them, though most of the 'obvious' names wouldnt fit with our past track record of picking up someone supposedly up and coming from the lower leagues.

Time will tell but I doubt much will change for a while, whilst things are still very tight in the league and we are (theoretically at least) still close to the playoff positions.

Phil

if they sack Alan Cork they still have to pay compo - if they had the money keown would have been sacked by MA last week.

Agreed on the unemployed managers but I've said on antoher thread that none inspire me.

They wouldn't pay as much tho'

I doubt very much if this board will sack Adams - and its not just to do with money. It's to do with them not having a clue what to do if he went (much like every single person on this forum), and being terrified of making the wrong decision.

But if we lose to Cov, Ipswich and/or Stoke I suspect the decision will be taken out of their hands.

Which is what they want on all counts.
No blame attached and no compo to pay

I also think this is true, the club also know if adams did walk out it would be hard to advertise the job because little transfer funds would be available.

This has whats annoyed me;

Last season we threw away a lot of points towards the end of games ultimately costing us relegation and alot of these wasted points occured when adams made bad substitutions whilst we were leading.

This and last season we have had a bad disciplinary record and it doesn't look like its been recitifed any time soon, we cant afford to be down to 10 men 1 in every 3 games.

Adams seems to fallout with players the latest been keown.

Finally and perhaps the most biggest point is you just look at the squad we have and know what the clubs target is, and what adams goal is and that is automatic promotion, this isnt a team for the future its a short term goal of getting promotion, but this time around it looks like its not going to happen. So having the capability on paper and been in mid table doesnt fare too well.

Be interesting to see what does actually come out of the club today/tomorrow.
I'm putting my money on one of the following

A. A Micky Adams statement saying they are off to work on getting it right at the training ground for the next two weeks
B. A player coming out and saying "We've got to get it right and finish teams off" or some such rubbish

I am not one of Mickys greatest supporters, but if what Dunc is saying is true then this cannot be helping the club, the team or Micky. Surely if the board cant afford to sack him then they must support him and back him.

In all fairness to Micky it must be difficult for him to work with the players and expect any sort of respect from them when his own employers have given up on him.

IMO this whole sorry situation needs addressing and now in this international break would be the ideal time. The board have got to either back him or sack him not try to force him to quit it is cowardly and if true even further embarrassment to the club.

However poorly we have done this season Micky Adams deserves better than this, I personally think the time has come for us to part company but not in a way that deprives Micky of any self respect.

So come on Mace and co no more embarrasments or shame. And at least treat Micky with dignity.

If we can't sack Micky but they want rid of him then I'm sure they'd be able to reach some sort of deal with him :?

Dunc said:
The board apparently have lost faith with MA, but can't sack him as they have no money. Basically til he walks Adams is our manager.

How is this reliable? - The board have not met recently to discuss this.

The Trust representative in the Directors Lounge normally speaks to several of the existing board members each game. They are fans so can react like any other fan in disappointment to a result & individual events/decisions within a particular match, this doesn't mean they aren't backing him anymore.

It is true however the financial situation would have to be considered in some depth before a decision to make a change was taken.

Foxes_Trust said:
Dunc said:

The Trust representative in the Directors Lounge normally speaks to several of the existing board members each game. They are fans so can react like any other fan in disappointment to a result & individual events/decisions within a particular match, this doesn't mean they aren't backing him anymore.

It is true however the financial situation would have to be considered in some depth before a decision to make a change was taken.

FT, any chance that the Club will make a statement and shoulder some of the pressure on MA?

The peasants are revolting :wink:, I don't think the club has noticed. Public relations are at an all time low. Are you going to get involved in this?

Foxes_Trust said:
Dunc said:

I wouldn't have a clue whether this is reliable or not but its likely to be near the mark at least in respect of there being no money budgeted in the business plan to pay up the contracts of the trio. That's why I have previously posted that the present unsatisfactory situation is quite likely to run for the season. The chances of Micky walking through picking up another managerial job look bleak and its asking a lot for him to walk away at personal financial cost.

What's indisputable (from his statements & demeanour) is that Micky Adams no longer enjoys managing Leicester City and a large proportion of supporters regretfully no longer believe that he and his first team coach have any fresh ideas or motivating influence. This doesn't mean that we are going to lose every match or get relegated but its unlikely that Micky is now able to take the club forward.

Can the club afford to keep micky. How much is being lost through poor attendence and loss of sales.

The financial losses that will happen if ma stays are far greater than any payout he would recieve.

Any way they would not have to payout ma, they dont even have to sack him. they could keep him on the books and contnue to pay his salary, while someone else managed city.

That excuse is not valid.

It is possible that elements within the board, rather than the board itself are unhappy with Micky. But I think the root cause of this unhappiness goes way back to the end of the promo season, when it looked likely that Micky might be on his way to Villa.

Some of you may remember that around this time the board was forced to offer Micky a new deal to keep him, in the belief that he would keep us in the Prem. Then came Strachan's problems at Soton and wild rumours circulated that Micky had 'welshed' on the deal by allowing himself to be tapped up by Lowe's cronies.

There is no doubt also that there are some upstairs who are worried by Micky's tactics and how leads are consistently thrown away. But his is a problem that has affected other managers too, notably Allardyce and Pardew (the latter's record in this respect is even worse than Micky's).

Thanks Dunc for endorsing the opinion that I expressed about why Keown was brought in.

I wouldn't have a clue whether this is reliable or not but its likely to be near the mark at least in respect of there being no money budgeted in the business plan to pay up the contracts of the trio. That's why I have previously posted that the present unsatisfactory situation is quite likely to run for the season. The chances of Micky walking through picking up another managerial job look bleak and its asking a lot for him to walk away at personal financial cost.

What's indisputable (from his statements & demeanour) is that Micky Adams no longer enjoys managing Leicester City and a large proportion of supporters regretfully no longer believe that he and his first team coach have any fresh ideas or motivating influence. This doesn't mean that we are going to lose every match or get relegated but its unlikely that Micky is now able to take the club forward.

Agreed wholeheartedly, and thats probably the first time I can say that Redditch!

The world is flat, 100% fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670