Inter travelling squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you are 100% correct. In the same sense that there is no such word as Wan**r in the English language. However, we still use it when we feel the useage is appropriate.

Melton Fox said:
In the same sense that there is no such word as Wan**r in the English language.

Might I suggest that you invest in a better dictionary?

OK, today I am working in London. If I drive straight to the ground I may get their for 7.00. I won't get home until 10.00. My wife and children will be in bed. Tuesday I am in Kent and staying out on Tuesday night. I will get home from Kent approx 7.30pm on Wednesday, and my children will possibly be in bed again. On Thursday I am in Milton Keynes and if I am lucky I will get home on Thursday evening to see my children.

Now do you understand when I mean by there is a trade off between effort and reward. I would have to trade seeing my children for 3 consecutive days (trade off) to seeing Leicester play Inter Milans second string play (Reward).

I don't know yor personal situation Boc, but hopefully you understand what I am trying to say.

wank·er ( P ) Pronunciation Key (wngkr)
n. Chiefly British Vulgar Slang

1. A person who masturbates.
2. A detestable person.

(from dictionary.com)

looking forward to the game tonight. Couldn't give a shit who they've brought. Not going to moan, when i've only paid a fiver.

Melton Fox said:
I would have to trade seeing my children for 3 consecutive days (trade off) to seeing Leicester play Inter Milans second string play (Reward).

I don't know yor personal situation Boc, but hopefully you understand what I am trying to say.

I do understand what you are saying; there are things that are more important to you than football and you make choices about what games that you watch. What I don't understand is that you seem to base some of your decisions on the quality of the opposition - that smacks of going to see the opposition rather than going to see Leicester; and that I don't understand.

My circumstances are very different from yours and affect me differently:
Retired (loads of time, little money)
One child, who is grown-up (more time, no drain on money)
Live in east Kent (time-consuming, expensive journey)

I have to make my choices; I just don't do it on the quality of the opposition. I hope you can understand that.

Are you a bit of a cunning linguist Bocadillo.

Understand what you are saying, it used to piss me off when a large number of Foxes season ticket holders turned up to Filbert St and the Walkers wearing their Moan Utd shirts when we played them!

I wish I could go tonight, but Aberdeen is just too far way for a friendly. It will be exciting to see the new squad coming together and quite an occassion to watch us play a team like Milan. I hope the fans (especially the local ones) make the effort to get along (unlike the Celtic game) as it will be good for the club.

Have a great time if you are going!

Granite Fox said:
Are you a bit of a cunning linguist Bocadillo.

Well, I'm never one to pass up on a chance. I quite like that fellow Tiatto as well.

Maybury and McCarthy rested tonight, with Canero getting a start :eek:

Gilbert could play if it all goes through.

Connolly and MDV up front.

DurhamFox said:
Maybury and McCarthy rested tonight, with Canero getting a start :eek:

Gilbert could play if it all goes through.

Connolly and MDV up front.

Canero at least deserves a chance could be cover for Right wing if nothing else

bocadillo said:
I do understand what you are saying; there are things that are more important to you than football and you make choices about what games that you watch. What I don't understand is that you seem to base some of your decisions on the quality of the opposition - that smacks of going to see the opposition rather than going to see Leicester; and that I don't understand.

My circumstances are very different from yours and affect me differently:
Retired (loads of time, little money)
One child, who is grown-up (more time, no drain on money)
Live in east Kent (time-consuming, expensive journey)

I have to make my choices; I just don't do it on the quality of the opposition. I hope you can understand that.

It seems our little squabble was all for nothing. I have changed my mind, rearranged my plans and am now going. I thought I could fight it. The closer the evening got, the more I needed to City again.

If anything else I got a lesson from the new Richard Whiteley !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00