International Break...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok what about if the fixtures were originally arranged for the Saturday and all
international squads had to be named three weeks before hand bit like last season in L1. If everyone was aware that the game could be moved, there wouldn't be such a problem as they would wait before organising transport or hotels. It's when authorities just ad-hoc move games without no indicator of it being a possibility.

Ok what about if the fixtures were originally arranged for the Saturday and all
international squads had to be named three weeks before hand bit like last season in L1. If everyone was aware that the game could be moved, there wouldn't be such a problem as they would wait before organising transport or hotels. It's when authorities just ad-hoc move games without no indicator of it being a possibility.

I think this is the larger problem. There are too many international friendlies during the season, especially at the begining. I don't see the point in them.

Enough of the whinging yer disloyal, plastic, part-time, foam-hand wearing, supporters-club-membering, chelsea-dagger-dancering, status-quo-singing, jester-hatted, soap-dodging, jimmy hill wannabies....

theres still engerlund tickets available for tomorrow. get yer footballing fix and an extra 2-and-a-half hours drinking beforehand...

Get them from Dave at Ticketmaster. Tell 'em 'Slippy sent yer. Don't mention me name tho' .. we dont want every Tom, Dick and Bob getting in on this. Slip 'em 30 green 'uns. Pick 'em up on the gate. Sawted :033:

[PS: Cant post links till you've made 5 posts my rrrrsssseeeeeeee!!!! :icon_bigg]

Last edited by a moderator:
Enough of the whinging yer disloyal, plastic, part-time, foam-hand wearing, supporters-club-membering, chelsea-dagger-dancering, status-quo-singing, jester-hatted, soap-dodging, jimmy hill wannabies....

theres still engerlund tickets available for tomorrow. get yer footballing fix and an extra 2-and-a-half hours drinking beforehand...

Get them from Dave at Ticketmaster. Tell 'em 'Slippy sent yer. Don't mention me name tho' .. we dont want every Tom, Dick and Bob getting in on this. Slip 'em 30 green 'uns. Pick 'em up on the gate. Sawted :033:

[PS: Cant post links till you've made 5 posts my rrrrsssseeeeeeee!!!! :icon_bigg]

kovver?

kovver!!

We know you're in here, kovver.

Anyone hear Alan Green commentating yesterday, now I like the troublesome ulsterman and his outspokeness. He was just laying it on how pointless the match was yesterday, why on earth 67 thousand would bother turning up, why would the champagne brigade bother returning to their seats, the state of the pitch..... erm? Wembley being a waste of money certain inclusions in the squad etc etc....

His answer or maybe it was (Speak English please) Waddle, suggested having a match behind close doors against say Reading or Watford.

I think there maybe a few too many England games early on in the season, but whats the difference playing 90 mins behind closed doors and 90 mins at Wembley? Yes it's a bloody commercial hell hole, but if one thing from last night that was a plus is the confidence Defoe and some of the other younger players will have gained. Pulling on an England shirt away form a competitive match is great experience.

It was also painfully obvious that SWP is just not a world class player. It was his chance to shine in the 1st half and he was piss poor IMO.

Wins votes for the World Cup bid. Game in Asia would please members of the AFC. Got North America covered after our jolly in Trindad.

That, and the enormous amounts of cash both associations will receive from the Qataris. The only reason Brazil play pointless friendlies all over the world is cash.

Probably in one of the contracts that they have signed with some Arab millionaires. It's very rare they ever play a friendly in Brazil now.

Similar agreement to when we had Argentina in Geneva (one of the best ever friendlies ever).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669