International football

I don't though. A successful club manger doesn't always transfer to being a successful international manager and vice versa. Would you be happy with Steve Cooper getting the England job?
No. If you have read my previous posts you’d know the answer to that. And also because he always makes the same mistakes, in 3 games, or summat like that.

I know a successful club manager doesn’t always transfer to a successful international manager. A successful U21 manager doesn’t always either. We need to learn from having wasted the last 8 years with Southgate (cue someone mentioning something about finals, forgetting the abject performances in those finals and the piss easy runs each time)

You certainly wouldn’t say Southgate was a successful club manager, but he did alright as England manager [ yes, he could have done better, but you can’t deny his relative level of success, with no real league manager pedigree]

I’m sure people will start quoting Eriksson and Capello as well. But neither of them had worked in England before - I’d go with someone who knows the English game.

Klopp, Tuchel, Mourinho….someone like that.

If we’d have had Mourinho for the past 8 years we’d have picked up at least one trophy. Serial winner, not some bollockless FA yes man.

Yet some on here complained last season even though we won the Championship.
We had the best and most expensive squad the Championship had ever seen. We could have been exciting and still win it with ease.

We could have probably played with two strikers on the pitch for more than 8 minutes throughout the season, when playing against the likes of Millwall and Rotherham.

I could have sworn we had a Portugal international, an England international, a Denmark international and a Belgium international as our back 4 to keep out any potential threat from playing more attacking football against teams where you’ve never heard of most the players.

But the job was to win it, didn't matter how, kind of like how Mourinho has been successful.
A lot of the criticism was when we had that 9 game period where we only got 10 points, and looked like we were going to **** it up.

Ironically those now moaning at Cooper for “continuously making the same mistakes”, in 3 whole ****ing games, didn’t give as much grief when we lost three games in a row, whilst continuously making the same mistakes, in the Championship.

A lot of the criticism was when we had that 9 game period where we only got 10 points, and looked like we were going to **** it up.

Ironically those now moaning at Cooper for “continuously making the same mistakes”, in 3 whole ****ing games, didn’t give as much grief when we lost three games in a row, whilst continuously making the same mistakes, in the Championship.
We were still top of the league.

Do you see the difference...?

**** sake, have a day off; you know, like you did when we were winning the league and you had a paddy.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46
11Bournemouth45