Internationals

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Worrying time when players are away on international duty
Looks like King Mee (assume red card wont effect us) and Naughton appear to have got thro last night without injury
Sol has been withdrawn from Ivory Coast game (hopefully as a precaution) , just leaves VannAnnholt to get thro tonights U21 game

That Wales side made King look very ordinary last night, any prem managers watching would not have been impressed :)

That Wales side made King look very ordinary last night, any prem managers watching would not have been impressed :)

I can't understand Wales at the minute. On paper they do have some really good players and some really good up and coming players. Yet they are shit, and they bought in a shit manager...

You look at the likes of Andy King, Aaron Ramsey etc coming through and players like Bellamy, Earnshaw, Kumas who I've always considered to be good players you'd expect them to be a bit more competitive atleast.

Yeah, but the problem with Wales is that Bale, Ramsey, Bellamy etc. have to play alongside Simon Church, Freddy Eastwood, Craig Morgan and other mediocre Championship players. The country is too small and football is only its secondary sport behind rugby, so it's unlikely that they're ever going to produce 11 really quality players, let alone a squad full.

Last edited:
Looks like King Mee (assume red card wont effect us) and Naughton appear to have got thro last night without injury
Sol has been withdrawn from Ivory Coast game (hopefully as a precaution) , just leaves VannAnnholt to get thro tonights U21 game

Here's hoping :tumbleweed:

Yeah, but the problem with Wales is that Bale, Ramsey, Bellamy etc. have to play alongside Simon Church, Freddy Eastwood, Craig Morgan and other mediocre Championship players. The country is too small and football is only its secondary sport behind rugby, so it's unlikely that they're ever going to produce 11 really quality players, let alone a squad full.

Also - their best players and their clubs are more concerned in finding reasons for not playing games for Wales rather than seeing it as any sort of kudos. The same applies to a large degree with Scotland and Northern Ireland.

None of those countries are likely to qualify for the final stages of the major competitions any time soon - so the motivation for playing isnt great.

The Premier League clubs generally seem to see the England set-up as a nuisance and drain on their resources, so the prospects for the small nations are fairly bleak.

With regards to the Bambino, he picked up a knock not long before he was replacd by Hobbs against Barnsley. Probably summink to do with that, be he injured or resting it off.

Last edited:

Who? :102:

Also - their best players and their clubs are more concerned in finding reasons for not playing games for Wales rather than seeing it as any sort of kudos. The same applies to a large degree with Scotland and Northern Ireland.

None of those countries are likely to qualify for the final stages of the major competitions any time soon - so the motivation for playing isnt great.

The Premier League clubs generally seem to see the England set-up as a nuisance and drain on their resources, so the prospects for the small nations are fairly bleak.

True. Didn't Ryan Giggs miss something like 35 consecutive international friendlies in a row, because ManUtd pulled him out of them? Because they're never going to do much as nations, it seems pointless including them really and their friendlies all become second string affairs where the manager doesn't really learn anything. This 4 nations tournament may help the Welsh, Scottish, Irish and N. Irish national sides a bit in that respect.

Last edited:
With regards to the Bambino, he picked up a knock not long before he was replacd by Hobbs against Barnsley. Probably summink to do with that, be he injured or resting it off.

Sol was well out of it, what I saw of the game on Eurosport. Mali were kicking lumps out of the Elephants all the way through, that Arthur Boka geezer limped off and we had the unusual sight of Drogba rolling around the floor in genuine agony after a series of thuggish assaults.

Tasty.

True. Didn't Ryan Giggs miss something like 35 consecutive international friendlies in a row, because ManUtd pulled him out of them? Because they're never going to do much as nations, it seems pointless including them really and their friendlies all become second string affairs where the manager doesn't really learn anything. This 4 nations tournament may help the Welsh, Scottish, Irish and N. Irish national sides a bit in that respect.

Based on the 40 or so minutes of the ROI v Wales game I saw, Wales have gained nothing. I think Bocs comment summed it up perfectly...

I saw quite a bit of the second half. When Wales had possession, it looked like 9 blokes in red shirts standing watching the one with the ball.

Sol was well out of it, what I saw of the game on Eurosport. Mali were kicking lumps out of the Elephants all the way through, that Arthur Boka geezer limped off and we had the unusual sight of Drogba rolling around the floor in genuine agony after a series of thuggish assaults.

Tasty.

That made me laugh :icon_conf:icon_redf:icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673