Interview with Milan Mandaric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't make thursday unfortunately, might be interesting.

For the record if we are picking sides, i'm with milan.

Do you believe Milan that the contract is to protect allen?

If so, can you explain how a manager, of no great reputation, with only four games under his belt, is able to commit a milionaire chairman with a huge ego to a contract requiring silence? And if milan felt so strongly to sack him after 4 games why would he want to do him such a favor. Makes no sense at all.

Easy, MM wants Allen to leave and he agrees a smaller pay-off if he keeps the reasons quiet. I would also imagine that Allen was less than pleased with Milans 'style' shall we say? and was also looking for a route out whilst retaining his O.K reputation

No, it's for people who sang for MA, I wasn't even at the match.

I'm sure what he's got to say will be well reported afterwards. Be interesting to see if the official and unofficial reports say the same thing.

Fair enough. Was hoping at least one level-headed member of here would come on to report, without any chips on shoulder issues. Says me with my tits...

Have not had time to read every post so apologies if this has already been posted. What would the 'small but significant' number of 'Bring back MA' chanting boo-boys have been chanting if Jose Mourinho had been appointed as his replacement?

This is bull! there is no way that Allen could have forced Milan into that clause. Never! This was done to protect Milan.

There may be no way that MA2 could have forced MM onto the clause - but MM would have saved money by allowing MA2 to have it included.

how did MM make his wedge?

how did MM make his wedge?

Yugoslavia and Serbia
He took control of his father's machine shop aged 21, and by age 26 had turned it into the largest business in the country. At the time Yugoslavia was a communist country, but a relatively free one. Private enterprise was encouraged, up to a point. Mandarić, now mass-producing car spares for the whole country and for overseas, became too successful and in the government's eyes went overnight from 'Hero' to 'Capitalist Traitor'.

[edit] United States of America

In 1969, worried by the government's view of his business, he left Serbia and settled in the United States. He had to leave most of his fortune behind, and got a job for an American computer component manufacturer in California. When two of the senior managers left to start their own firm Mandarić was invited to be their third partner. The firm was successful, but disagreements over manufacturing processes led to Mandarić leaving to form his own company, Lika Corporation, in 1971. In 1976, he became a naturalized citizen of the United States. By 1976 Lika Corp. was the largest manufacturer of computer components in the USA, and Mandarić was pioneering the boom that led to the creation of California's Silicon Valley. He sold the company to the Tandy Corporation in 1980 and set up a new company, Sanmina, which developed high-tech telecoms products.
On 1989 he acquired a struggling competitor and merged it with Sanmina. He also began branching out into investment Lompanies such as Behrman Capital. Mandarić also became owner of the St. Louis Storm, a Major Soccer League franchise that ceased operations in 1992 when the MSL also folded.

A reminder of something about Mandaric I nicked from a Portsmouth site and posted last November....it looks like we need to find the next Redknapp ASAP.

His tenure began with near on three years of what Pompey fans had become used to - bottom half of the table and very few happy days, especially away from Fratton. In fact, Pompey registered only one away win in the 98/99 season, at the fortress that is Vale Park. However, Milan stuck by former England World Cup star Alan Ball as he tried to get his head around English football.

But eventually, halfway through another season of highlights you could count on one hand (a half decent partnership of Claridge and Bradbury being one), Ball was shown the door and Mandaric made a bold move, appointing the up-and-coming Tony Pulis. Now, I`ve always been suspicious of managers who sign their own sons and, despite some encouraging signs and some new players, Anthony Jr. outstayed his father`s reign, and Milan opted for the people`s choice in October of 2000. It was obvious that Steve Claridge was a hero in Pompey fans` eyes, but people were beginning to question whether Mandaric had a clue what he was up to. Claridge wasn`t really given a fair crack, however, through an indifferent few months, and Milan relieved him of his managerial duties after only five months in charge. Mr Mandaric had made his first true south coast enemy. Now some fans really were turning on the Chairman. He needed to play a big hand. And he pulled off rather an impressive coup, luring the highly-rated Graham Rix from his assistant role at Chelsea.

Rix brought with him some young Stamford talent, and the signs were encouraging. But Milan (and his efficient Chief Executive Peter Storrie) pulled out possibly Milan`s biggest signing of his career. In an attempt to lure the players needed to get out of the division, Mandaric approached Harry Redknapp, who had recently left West Ham, in a Director of Football role. Noone knew quite what it meant, but Mandaric was sure the move would prove a positive one. Croatian megastar Robert Prosinecki followed, again down to Mandaric, who paid the Croatian`s wages out of his own pocket. Peter Crouch was also signed, and the squad now looked capable at least. Players showed glimpses of quality - Harper, Pitt and Quashie all looked like useful young players. But despite Prosinecki`s brilliance, and Crouch`s goals, Pompey had a blip in the new year, and consistency went out of the window.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man. Mandaric made his shrewdest move to date in March 2001, when replacing Rix with his Director of Football, who had shown commitment to his Chairman by turning down the Leicester job earlier in the season. Harry was ready, and the fairytale years began.

Do you think this job is easy? Do you think it's a walk in the park? Come and have a go if that is what you think. Please.

I'd be happy to hand it over to you if you think you can do a better job.
The way it's stacking up, I think quite a few of us would do a better job. I'll do it Milan, give me a call. Just like you, I've always fancied a big football club as my play thing.

A reminder of something about Mandaric I nicked from a Portsmouth site and posted last November....it looks like we need to find the next Redknapp ASAP.

"Rix brought with him some young Stamford talent" - yeah, I bet he did the dirty rat!!

Guys I have read a few of these posts, and I, like most of you am a true Leicester City fan - highs and lows, ups and downs, thick and thin, a true Leicester Fan. With this in mind, I would like to make a few suggestions.

1. We all stop moaning about things we cannot control. eg Martin Allen being sacked. I am disappointed as I thought he was going to be the next Martin O Neill. He wasn't, he clearly did something that was detremental to the club, and he was sacked - like any of us would be in our jobs. So rather than moan and say how good he might have been, move on.

2. Anyone who cannot or does not want to agree with the above gets their arse down to the Walkers on Thursday night and speaks to Milan direct. How often does that happen? It takes some balls to say to fans "come and see me" when he knows there are still people who feel agrieved by Allens departure.

3. Let get behind the team, the manager and the club and try and make Leicester City great again. Milan has a mission to get us back into the Premiership - and what do we do? Moan and whinge and slag him off, berate the team and players and write off the new manager. If I was Milan, I would walk away - and then what would we be saying? Why did he go, whats going to happen now? We are doomed!!! And you know what, we would be.

I have read so much negativity of late that it makes me really annoyed. Milan seems to be a very proud, genuine fan of football. He is at Leicester City, in my eyes, thats a ****ing result!! Lets not try and drive him away with all the bullshit about Allen etc. I will be a very happy man the day we are again promoted to the Premiership and with Milan at the healm, it really can happen - just believe in him.

"Rix brought with him some young Stamford talent" - yeah, I bet he did the dirty rat!!

Guys I have read a few of these posts, and I, like most of you am a true Leicester City fan - highs and lows, ups and downs, thick and thin, a true Leicester Fan. With this in mind, I would like to make a few suggestions.

1. We all stop moaning about things we cannot control. eg Martin Allen being sacked. I am disappointed as I thought he was going to be the next Martin O Neill. He wasn't, he clearly did something that was detremental to the club, and he was sacked - like any of us would be in our jobs. So rather than moan and say how good he might have been, move on.

2. Anyone who cannot or does not want to agree with the above gets their arse down to the Walkers on Thursday night and speaks to Milan direct. How often does that happen? It takes some balls to say to fans "come and see me" when he knows there are still people who feel agrieved by Allens departure.

3. Let get behind the team, the manager and the club and try and make Leicester City great again. Milan has a mission to get us back into the Premiership - and what do we do? Moan and whinge and slag him off, berate the team and players and write off the new manager. If I was Milan, I would walk away - and then what would we be saying? Why did he go, whats going to happen now? We are doomed!!! And you know what, we would be.

I have read so much negativity of late that it makes me really annoyed. Milan seems to be a very proud, genuine fan of football. He is at Leicester City, in my eyes, thats a ****ing result!! Lets not try and drive him away with all the bullshit about Allen etc. I will be a very happy man the day we are again promoted to the Premiership and with Milan at the healm, it really can happen - just believe in him.
the bulk of the chanters wont go face to face with milan because he would have them for breakfast,and they know it :icon_wink

old chinese proverb says...

'man in great numbers has big balls,
man on own has no balls'

Allen's pay off was virtually nothing. MM knew what he was doing axing him when he did, it meant he was due much less in compo than he would have been later in the season due to a contract clause. Couple this with make weight for MM's silence and he got feck all.

I actually think it was quite a good interview from MM, said what needed to be said, I think he is genuinly hurt by the actions of some fans, and he should be, they are acting like ****s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669