iPhone not receiving texts from abroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaarev

Suddenly my iPhone has stopped receiving text messages from the UK. Mrs.Blaarev who uses the same phone company as me has no problem receiving from the same source. It was fine until the end of August then suddenly text messages stopped coming. I got a bit worried that something might have happened to my friend but thankfully it was only my phone.....

Anyone heard of this sort of problem before?

Last edited:
Suddenly my iPhone has stopped receiving text messages from the UK. Mrs.Blaarev who uses the same phone company as me has no problem receiving from the same source. It was fine until the end of August then suddenly text messages stopped coming. I got a bit worried that something might have happened to my friend but thankfully it was only my phone.....

I had problems sending texts when in provincial Russia but usually have no problems in Europe, Japan or the USA. Not an iphone though.

I had problems sending texts when in provincial Russia but usually have no problems in Europe, Japan or the USA. Not an iphone though.
Sending texts is no problem. Receiving from abroad is, however. Very strange :confused:

Not completely sure how the iPhone works, but is there a software upgrade available, perhaps the settings of the current OS haven't changed to mirror the text messaging upgrade...or something.

Yes. Many people lose contact with their friends.

Yes. Many people lose contact with their friends.
I can contact him but he can't contact me. Could have been convenient with some of my friends but not this one.

I can contact him but he can't contact me. Could have been convenient with some of my friends but not this one.

If you want another friend, albeit one with dodgy musical tastes. .......

Not completely sure how the iPhone works, but is there a software upgrade available, perhaps the settings of the current OS haven't changed to mirror the text messaging upgrade...or something.
Customer services at my phone company where helpful but helpless. However, they have an iPhone technical department which is open Mon-Fri, so hopefully they can sort it out tomorrow. Will ask them if there has been a text messaging upgrade. Thanks!

Strangely enough this was fixed during my stay in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669