ipod advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siouxsie

I have an ipod full of music. I have a pc that has been wiped clean (having backed up the data files to an external drive first), as it was "stuffed". I'm now gradually restoring programmes but no longer have itunes with my music on. How do I get the music from my ipod back into itunes? Is this even possible?

Simple answers only please, as I'm totally out of my depth here.

Thanks.

Sounds like you're after a program called 'iPod Rip' - It's free and I've used it in the past to get music off of my ipod back onto my computer.

http://ipodrip.com/

From what I remember it's pretty easy to use - It depends on what ipod you've got though, because I've got an ipod touch and I don't think it's compatible with that - the website should tell you though. Hope this helps!

If you backed up your old files, can you not download itunes and restore the library from the external HD?

If you backed up your old files, can you not download itunes and restore the library from the external HD?

Yeah, that's the easiest way to do it. There is a way to copy your music from your iPod to your computer without downloading any programs, but the file names are encoded, so it isn't easy to find a certain song. But if you put these files into iTunes, they will have their song/artist names and info.

Yeah, that's the easiest way to do it. There is a way to copy your music from your iPod to your computer without downloading any programs, but the file names are encoded, so it isn't easy to find a certain song. But if you put these files into iTunes, they will have their song/artist names and info.

Not if you use indiriches suggestion.

hope you dont mind me gatecrashing your thread siouxsie but is it possible to add the 'recently added' back onto itunes/ipod???

I'm definitely not getting involved. Though speaking of which getting an iPod touch for my birthday after my old one snuffed it :)

I can't seem to find the file :icon_redf

I'm too old for this modern stuff. My 'O' level computer studies was all punch cards, paper tapes and Babbage.

It has taken the music I originally bought from the itunes store off my ipod and has put that back into the pc library , but has left the rest. :102:

I can't seem to find the file :icon_redf

I'm too old for this modern stuff. My 'O' level computer studies was all punch cards, paper tapes and Babbage.

It has taken the music I originally bought from the itunes store off my ipod and has put that back into the pc library , but has left the rest. :102:

Try the software Indierich recommended, so long as the music was put onto your computer legally in the first instance I don't think there are any legal issues surrounding this.

This seems quite comprehensive and easy to follow, but whether it has the answer you're looking for..... :102: (from Apple)

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1329

I managed to move mine when I got a new computer, but I can't remember what I did, sorry :icon_redf

I thought you could have your iTunes library on up to three computers though :102:

Last edited:
This seems quite comprehensive and easy to follow, but whether it has the answer you're looking for..... :102: (from Apple)

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1329

I managed to move mine when I got a new computer, but I can't remember what I did, sorry :icon_redf

I thought you could have your iTunes library on up to three computers though :102:

Oh thanks for the link. I suppose I ought to have thought of apple support first myself :icon_redf

Thanks for all help. I'll have a play at the weekend.

amazon is definitely the cheapest if you want a reputable seller on the internet. Couldn't tell you on the high street though. i just brought a 32gb touch for £267 and everywhere else sells them for around £280

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669