Ipswich game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FT 0-0. :icon_cry: :icon_sad:

Graz said:
Same as at this stage last season ;)

I don't want to curse us by saying it WILL be that though...they'll probably score.

Performances slightly better though.I'm fairly pleased so far it is early days for the 'new' team.As long as we can keep in touch.

Full time! 0-0

I think a draw with Ipswich is an okay result, even if they aren't as good as last year. 2 games at home and not lost, so that's nice at least ;)

4 points from the opening 3 games is a reasonable start, although it is the same as last season. Away to Crewe and Burnley next 2 games, we should win those.

G F P said:
On a semi related note have you seen that Warnock thing on Sky Sports, it had an interview with someone who said Warnocks an talker and encourager in the dressing room then five minutes later it cuts to the Sheff Utd dressing room after the final match of last season and he's telling his players their all shit and he's going to buy a load of new players in the summer. Quality :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

I'd imagine he'll be telling his new players the same thing in 5 minutes...QPR have just scored a second !!! Stefan Moore no less.

On the silver lining night... Covscum lost 4-0 to Burnley! Ade Panicbuyi scored 2 of them! :)

And Forest lost to Swindon!

Graz said:
Full time! 0-0

I think a draw with Ipswich is an okay result, even if they aren't as good as last year. 2 games at home and not lost, so that's nice at least ;)

4 points from the opening 3 games is a reasonable start, although it is the same as last season. Away to Crewe and Burnley next 2 games, we should win those.

No 'easy' games Graz,Crewe will be no pushovers.I'd be happy with 4 points from the next 2 games.

dissapointed with the result, we should have won this one, but played well overall. A home point but could have been worse.

mickey adams is uselss, pleased today next four games should be good to get some pointsa on the board, quietly confident this season

Positives:
We didn't concede.
We're unbeaten at home.
I've realised elvis is really pacey.

Negatives:

Defense was shaky.
Crosses were let in too easily
we should've have won!!

Their keeper made a mistake,wiliams should have scored. We played well during the match, we had loads of possession. If we had won we would have been 6th!!!

Craig says he's pleased with the performance but annoyed we only got a point. He says that we should have more points than we do from the 3 games, our performances merited more than we've got.

Hughes and Kisnorbo won't be ready for next week. Momo should be fine.
Said that Hughes should be back the week after, whereas Kisnorbo will need a few reserve games first he said.

Last edited:
Dunno why akinbadboy never scored for us. Two goals in 3 minutes... must be his long hair.

Ipswich seem to have always been a bit of a bogey team for us so I am pleased with what we got out of today. as has been said, we should have won, but it was just one of those days that seemed to have 0-0 all over it. Anyone who is too unhappy, please just think back to the way we were playing this time last year and breath easy.

Well done craig for making us a football team again. I was thoroughly entertained, but it was a strip club performance for me...great to look at but bloody frustrating!

We can do this! If Ipswich are gonna be up there then so will we because we were a far better side, just lacked the killer punch today!

BLUE ARMY!:038:

If we feel the club lacks a striker... then would it not make sense to now take the bull by the horns,and accept the fact we need to go into debt,and get ourselves a decent striker.Surely there are not that many teams in this division that run at a profit,nor the Premier league come to think of it,plus the fact a top class striker would put money on the gate

not long got back, dissapointed not to win, Williams missed a sitter. all he had to do was blast it, but he tried to place it. can only recall them having 1 chance. Defence looked strong, Paddy was excellent. all we needed was that final ball. I think we're looking good and with Hughes still to come back. we got Crewe, Luton and Hull next. got to be looking at getting at least 7 points out of that to go into international break.

v.disappointed we didnt win today. Still Ipswich can be a bad game for us so historically we did okay and before the game I would ahve took a draw but after watching the game we should have won.

Anybody know why the birch didnt come on the pitch at half time?

It said on the OS that he was going to make a personal thank you for the money raised for his charity run last season. He didnt even come out. In fact there was no half time entertainment at all. He was there becuase he came up int the KOP and gave something which looked like a home shirt to women and had his pic took with her?? Hope hes okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00