Ipswich to raid relegated Foxes for duo

Status
Not open for further replies.

rchalmers83

Defender Gareth McAuley and Richard Stearman are targets for Town boss Jim Magilton
McAuley was strongly linked with a move to Portman Road in January and relegation for Leicester has increased the likelihood of his leaving in the summer.

Full-back Stearman is also set to be a wanted man with the Foxes consigned to League One football.

I really wouldn't let anyone leave not until the ???new manager???? has come in and had a look - i really think that we should not be letting these go as lets face 3rd best defence in the championship and I would really go out and try and get the midfield and strikers sorted first

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
McAuley - Good
Stearman - Would like him to stay, but no too bothered who goes.

rchalmers83

This was always going to happen and the press will be there giving loads of dodgey info and like vultures that are other championship teams will come swarming round

TornadoShaunUK

wouldn't like to lose either to be honest but financial security is more important and selling players is the only way we will make real money in this league.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
wouldn't like to lose either to be honest but financial security is more important and selling players is the only way we will make real money in this league.
Making money isn't too important this year, getting back up is, and the year after that. MM will see his profit realised when he reaches the Prem.

IF we start to see a mass exodus of players with transfer fees, I'd worry for our future.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member

MM isn't trying to make money in this league. He's trying to make money by getting into the Premiership. Selling our best players isn't a good way to get promoted.

Stearman has only a year of his contract left, so if he's not going to sign a new contract he should be sold (if he'll go) this summer to make sure we get a decent price for him.

FIF

agreed with melts post

Last edited:

rchalmers83

IF we start to see a mass exodus of players with transfer fees, I'd worry for our future.

Yeah I have to agree - we need to stick with the defence because lets face facts the defence was the only decent thing we had going for us this year and ship out the shite and not the talent

Last edited by a moderator:

Richie_d123

Yeah I have to agree - we need to stick with the defence because lets face facts the defence was the only decent thing we had going for us this year and ship out the shite and not the talent

I agree our defence was the best thing we had this year, but some of the mistakes they made to concede goals at times still left me worrying. Im not actually sure how we didn't concede more goals so IMO the defence could do with some work too. Just my opinion, dont care if no one agrees.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I agree our defence was the best thing we had this year, but some of the mistakes they made to concede goals at times still left me worrying. Im not actually sure how we didn't concede more goals so IMO the defence could do with some work too. Just my opinion, dont care if no one agrees.

The defensive record wasn't just down to the defence, it was down to the way we played much of the time. Too many defensive minded players in midfield, not enough players getting forward to support the front two.

Richie_d123

The defensive record wasn't just down to the defence, it was down to the way we played much of the time. Too many defensive minded players in midfield, not enough players getting forward to support the front two.

Exactly, so the notion that we have a good defence is unfounded because if we ever turn into an attacking team we could be ripped to shreds.

jazzfox

....yep loads of speculation to ensue, but nowt down until we get a new manager, just read a quote from Paul Aldridge saying...
http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1306385,00.html

"I have already arranged a meeting with Ian and his senior staff to review the mistakes that have been made this season and consider any changes that need to be made to ensure a quick return to the second tier of the game."

So nothing will be done until we know who is at the helm, but stories will come thick and fast. . ..looks as though Milan will want 1 huge expensive effort to get back up, so that means we keep our better players, who are under contract, and get rid of those we don't need asap, smaller squad, need to shed about at least 10 me thinks....

Lboro fox

Stearman might go, but there is no fecking way it will be to Ipswich! Could see McAuley going there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669