Pre Match Ipswich Town (Home)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

All this moaning and playing of the blame game almost made me forget there's another game coming up. :icon_wink

We surely must shake things up here. I haven't a clue what Nige is thinking but I bet his Christmas will be less enjoyable than most! Difficult day.

Expecting a different line-up, expecting a better performance, expecting a different result. If any of these happen, is another matter

im expecting a new central difence (Mills + maybe Tunch), hoping for a change in centre midfield, hoping for a change wide right Expecting win, the winning sequence starts here (please) 2-1 Beckford brace

Chopra, Bullard, Ellington, Edwards, Scotland, Emmanuel-Thomas, Andrews, Bowyer, Sonko, Ingimarsson, Murphy, Peters, Delaney, Kennedy, Wabara, Leadbitter, Cresswell, Martin, Drury, Smith, Wright, Lee-Barrett, Wark, Kiwomya, Walters, Scowcroft, Wilnis, D Bent, McAuley, Zondervan, Yallop, Mariner, Magilton, Stewart, Bruce, Viljoen, Garvan, Ambrose, Dozzell, Finidi George, Naylor, Guentchev, Legwinski, Gaardsøe, Kuqi, Miller, Couñago, Mühren, Armstrong, Mason, Holland, Venus, Reuser, Haynes, M Bent, Sumulikoski, Sedgeley, Dyer, Brazil, Clapham, Taricco, Uhlenbeek, de Vos, Hreidarsson, Thijssen, Stockwell, Butcher, Burley, Osman, Priskin, McGreal, de Vries (og).

0-72.

Last edited:
We surely must shake things up here. I haven't a clue what Nige is thinking but I bet his Christmas will be less enjoyable than most! Difficult day.

Why? Like nearly all footballers and managers, Nigel is here for the pay cheque. He is still in a position to shrug and imply that all team faults are down to Sven. Quite a cosy Christmas, I would say.

Why? Like nearly all footballers and managers, Nigel is here for the pay cheque.

Why are you implying that's a bad thing?

I would say that is true of 99.99% of people who work, not just footballers and managers. It doesn't mean people's jobs can't still cause them stress or a less than enjoyable time outside of work when they're job is not going well.

People are so quick to jump on footballers saying "they're in it for the money, they don't care about their job" etc. but they're just people doing their job like anyone else and people's job can quite easily get on top of them when it's not going well regardless of how much effort they put into it.

Last edited:
I would like to see Mills and Tunch as a new defensive pairing at the back with Bamba pushed up into midfield in a Patrick Viera like position. Anyone like this for a starting line up - understanding what he has to work with

Schmeichel

Peltier Tunch Mills Konchesky

Bamba

Gallagher King Wellens

Beckford Nugent

Why? Like nearly all footballers and managers, Nigel is here for the pay cheque. He is still in a position to shrug and imply that all team faults are down to Sven. Quite a cosy Christmas, I would say.

At some point in the near future Nige will assume responsibility rather than Sven. I suppose the tipping point will be when the transfer window opens. Some folks might say our position is down to Nige already. Either way, Merry Xmas Nige and good luck for 2012.

Are you suggesting that just because he's getting paid, he won't care at all about his team selection on boxing day? I'm with Prof, I think it will still affect him- though I may be speaking from the delusions of youth that not everyone can just switch off from their paid employment.

"Oh Kasper, he stands between the posts, he's named after one of the Magi who visited Jesus Christ in the popular Westernised, English speaking notion of the nativity. Oh Kasper."

Last edited:
Are you suggesting that just because he's getting paid, he won't care at all about his team selection on boxing day? I'm with Prof, I think it will still affect him- though I may be speaking from the delusions of youth that not everyone can just switch off from their paid employment.

No, I am not suggesting that. I do rather get the feeling that it helps Pearson's position if he can show that Sven's squad was rubbish: not my fault that we didn't get promoted, it was that terrible squad that I inherited.

I'm not sure that it will wash with the owners, however. I still think that, whoever took over from Sven (or if he had stayed), promotion this season is a big ask - and that failure will have inevitable consequences.

Christ, I'm not looking forward to this. Ipswich are gash, but seemingly so are we at the moment. All the makings of a Championship classic. My five trips to the KP this season have ended it tragic defeats to Reading, Bristol City, Millwall and Leeds, which has been just lovely.

We need a win, with changes more than likely. Quite who is anybody's guess, but I hope to god Wellens is one of them. Fernandes on the bench is just criminal for me.

I think sacking sven was the wrong option and bad timing,the fact still remains,Nige has real quality in this squad,it was inevitable that he would start with the players he knew. I think now is the time to shake things up a little, I would go with Danns and Yuki in the middle for this one.We need real pace on the flanks for this game, still expecting a win though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669