Pre Match Ipswich v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Hopefully unchanged team and formation, its too late but hey lets finish the season on a high im going 1-2 Beckford Nugent

Re: Ipswich (A)

DPJ, have you read the bold text here?

What's the thinking behind this? I would have thought that the fact that City are playing should be a given on TB and that "Ipswich (a)" gives all the information that is required.

And if we are supposed include the names of both teams, shouldn't it be "Ipswich Town v Leicester City"?

What's the thinking behind this? I would have thought that the fact that City are playing should be a given on TB and that "Ipswich (a)" gives all the information that is required.
Match threads exist in the cricket forum too. Ipswich (a) wouldn't make any sense there, but I think that makes the point that City playing isn't a given on TB.
And if we are supposed include the names of both teams, shouldn't it be "Ipswich Town v Leicester City"?
No. In football terms, what else could Ipswich v Leicester mean?

It's so it makes sense when the page title appears in Google results, and on Twitter.

I've been asking people to use the name of both teams for a long time but people have been ignoring me. So I changed the new thread thing a few weeks ago, and people have been ignoring that too.

I really wish we could sort out this damned away form!

I cant be bothered to look up the stats so can someone tell me when was the last time we got anything at Ipswich? Over many years as a City fan it's one of those places that memory tells me we may as well not even bother turning up.But I'm getting on a touch now & the memory isn't what it was.

I cant be bothered to look up the stats so can someone tell me when was the last time we got anything at Ipswich? Over many years as a City fan it's one of those places that memory tells me we may as well not even bother turning up.But I'm getting on a touch now & the memory isn't what it was.

02/03 Lost by a lot
04/05 Lost
05/06 Lost
06/07 Won
07/08 Lost
09/10 Drew
10/11 Lost

So yes, 4 points out of 21 mean it's not the happiest hunting ground for us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670