Irish house prices fall 60%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to do with recapitalising the banks as far as I can see, Drew. It's loans to the banks secured on some of the assets of said banks ( probably pretty dodgy assets, I'd agree ).

I was intimating it's QE by another name, I doubt the money will flow to the right places or get paid back anytime soon.

I was intimating it's QE by another name, I doubt the money will flow to the right places or get paid back anytime soon.
Fair enough, but it's not recapitalisation as such, like when H M Government had to bail out those sods at RBS & Lloyds TSB.

When Greece defaults surely some banks will need bailouts again? I personally think some of them will, most likely the French ones.

When Greece defaults surely some banks will need bailouts again? I personally think some of them will, most likely the French ones.
There's already talk of the Spanish banks needing to raise 50 billion euros to cover such Government losses. No rational investor is going to put money in, so the Government will have to put the money up, which it has to borrow, making the chance of a Government default more likely. Until the Germans are prepared to put their money up the Euro zone is fecked I reckon.

We'll know by March 20th when Greece has almost 15 Billion to pay, but I firmly believe that the Euro is ****ed long term.

if they do, they won't bailed by central banks, they'll be bailed by treasuries

not sure there will be the political will this time round and even if there were, the governments will have learn to bargain better, can't believe RBS still pays so well, i'd have said "we bail, you don't pay bonuses"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00