Is It Possible To Ignor a Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feriol

Just wondering if it's possible to ignor whole forums, like the betting one for example which i know i'll not be interested in so they don't appear in 'new posts'?

Last edited:
Isn't Ignor a Viking? Ignor the unlearned, leader of the Imbecilic tribe?

Yes - don't click on it.

Which is what i have been doing for years, however just recently discovered the 'new posts' feature but it gets cluttered with threads from forums i never read.

Which is what i have been doing for years, however just recently discovered the 'new posts' feature but it gets cluttered with threads from forums i never read.

I've used the 'new posts' search for a while now as i find it the easiest way to use TB. With the old forum it used to remove the threads you were ignoring, but unfortunately Jeff says this isn't easy to do with the new forum. Sadly this means that I now have to look at threads telling me what shit music Spion has been listening to, as I'm unable to leave threads on there unread due to my weird psyche.

I've used the 'new posts' search for a while now as i find it the easiest way to use TB. With the old forum it used to remove the threads you were ignoring, but unfortunately Jeff says this isn't easy to do with the new forum. Sadly this means that I now have to look at threads telling me what shit music Spion has been listening to, as I'm unable to leave threads on there unread due to my weird psyche.

Not quite so. When you have read all the threads that you wish to read, click on 'Mark Forums Read' - this will remove those last few threads that you are avoiding.

Last edited:
Not quite so. When you have read all the threads that you wish to read, click on 'Mark Forums Read' - this will remove those last few threads that you are avoiding.

I can't do that I'm afraid. There's a chance someone will post something new in that nano-second and I'll miss it. Seriously, OCD can be a frustrating thing :icon_wink

Last edited:
I can't do that I'm afraid. There's a chance someone will post something new in that nano-second and I'll miss it. Seriously, OCD can be a frustrating thing :icon_wink

No need to worry. The forums are only marked read from the state that they were in when you last called for new posts. Anything new, new threads/new posts, that has been written since then waits for your next clicking of 'New Posts' (unless you already opened that thread in the interim).

I know that could be better explained - I know what I mean - but you can be assured that nothing will fall down that nano-second gap

No need to worry. The forums are only marked read from the state that they were in when you last called for new posts. Anything new, new threads/new posts, that has been written since then waits for your next clicking of 'New Posts' (unless you already opened that thread in the interim).

I know that could be better explained - I know what I mean - but you can be assured that nothing will fall down that nano-second gap

I'm afraid I can't take that chance Boc :icon_bigg

It's ok though, when most things in life have to be equated into even numbers and patterns, this is fairly easy to accept :icon_cool

(ps I'm not an absolute weirdo by the way, honest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566