if you click 'reply' the reply adderss is "[email protected]"

Its asking for lots of personal data, passowords, dob etc, but not bank details

scam or genuine?

I've got an email from "window live team"
saying "Verify Your Accounts Now To Avoid Closure !!!!"‏
if you click 'reply' the reply adderss is "[email protected]"

Its asking for lots of personal data, passowords, dob etc, but not bank details

scam or genuine?

It's obviously genuine, I think you should send on your bank details just to show your sincerity.

Seriously consty, it'd be an awful shame to lose you, but I think you seriously need to think about getting rid of your PC or you're going to end up penniless.

Before you leave the Internet though, do you want to buy some magic beans?

Consty - I have a USB-powered fraud detector. It will glow when it detects that people on the internet are trying to take advantage of you. I have made it festive so it doesn't look out of place and make people laugh at you for being gullible. You can buy it if you like, does £45 seem reasonable for online safety? PM me.

tree.jpg

Last edited:
I think the fact they've called themselves "window live team" is a bit of a giveaway :icon_lol:

Last edited:
I keep getting a e mail from my sister telling me she's got a new job and has a great business opportunity for me.
I only saw her yesterday and she never mentioned a thing.:102:

DHL keep emailing me at work saying that they have my address wrong for the parcel - can I open the attached zip file and arrange re-delivery... funnily enough I'm not expecting any parcels and havent been for the last 3 weeks they have been emailing me.

DHL keep emailing me at work saying that they have my address wrong for the parcel - can I open the attached zip file and arrange re-delivery... funnily enough I'm not expecting any parcels and havent been for the last 3 weeks they have been emailing me.

I've sent you something very special, Cate.........

I've always dreamed of enhancing my penis - if only someone would come up with a product and try to sell it to me via email.

Thanks for everyone's replies & Macky especially, in your sarcasm this time you have surpassed even yourself.
BTW when you refer to passing my bank details, I explicitly said in my thread that they were not asking for my bank details & by implication nor would I. I thought they were asking me to send my hotmail details. Even with that, I smelled a rat.
The rat it seems, was not only the fraudulent 'live windows team'.
Thanks Macky, you're a pal.
(No, not paypal, just a pal.)

Thanks for everyone's replies & Macky especially, in your sarcasm this time you have surpassed even yourself.
BTW when you refer to passing my bank details, I explicitly said in my thread that they were not asking for my bank details & by implication nor would I. I thought they were asking me to send my hotmail details. Even with that, I smelled a rat.
The rat it seems, was not only the fraudulent 'live windows team'.
Thanks Macky, you're a pal.
(No, not paypal, just a pal.)

Always a pleasure consty, always a pleasure

I keep getting a e mail from my sister telling me she's got a new job and has a great business opportunity for me.
I only saw her yesterday and she never mentioned a thing.:102:

I'm still getting this twice a day. Is there anyway to block the sender? I use outlook express.

I'm still getting this twice a day. Is there anyway to block the sender? I use outlook express.

Highlight a message from the sender.

Message / Block Sender...

You will then be asked if you want to delete messages from the sender in the current folder.

Answer yes or no.

Whichever answer the sender will then be blocked.

If this message is coming from your sister's account though, this action will block all emails from her. If it is coming from her account, it's her who needs to be taking the action to sort her own system out.

Last edited:
Highlight a message from the sender.

Message / Block Sender...

You will then be asked if you want to delete messages from the sender in the current folder.

Answer yes or no.

Whichever answer the sender will then be blocked.

If this message is coming from your sister's account though, this action will block all emails from her. If it is coming from her account, it's her who needs to be taking the action to sort her own system out.

All done, thanks Boc. My sister knows there's a problem but she's even dimmer about computers than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669