Is this racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there would be any difference if it was the first woman, first Asian, first gay, first disabled President (although there has been a disabled President before). I don't think it's racist at all. Or specifically lazy journalism - he is the first black President of the United States, that is a fact.

Id much rather have people screaming racist and being "PC" though, than segregating people because of their age, race, gender, sexuality, creed, whatever.

Stewart Lee did a great skit on this:

[YOUTUBE]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=K21e7po1Sro[/YOUTUBE]

Edit: Goddamn! I can never get youtube to work on this site

Just for future reference just put the highlighted bit between the tags. :icon_wink

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=K21e7po1Sro

[YOUTUBE]K21e7po1Sro[/YOUTUBE]

I don't think there would be any difference if it was the first woman, first Asian, first gay, first disabled President (although there has been a disabled President before). I don't think it's racist at all. Or specifically lazy journalism - he is the first black President of the United States, that is a fact.
He'll be the first assassinated black president before long. Fact.

Last edited:
he is the first black President of the United States, that is a fact.

no it isn't

it's an axiomatic truth based upon your definition of black

i bought one of those from K -Tel sucked up crumbs like a dyson it did.
My mate still has their dog hair brush. You know the one where it picks up in one direction and offloads in the other. Or was that Ronco?

My mate still has their dog hair brush. You know the one where it picks up in one direction and offloads in the other. Or was that Ronco?

I've just checked with Ronco and he hasn't even got a dog - so it is probably your mate

He's NOT black, this type is black!

I suggest you look up 'black' in a dictionary.

One of the definitions of which is:
Of or belonging to a racial group having brown to black skin, especially one of African origin

which obviously supports what you are saying. However, there are, how can I put this delicately, 'blacker' people, ie people who are not mixed race. If a 'true' black is to gain the presidency at some point in the future then what will he or she be referred to as if BO has already been claimed as the first black president?

You know, I hope the above doesn't come across wrong. *I* know what I mean :icon_wink

Last edited:
I suggest you look up 'black' in a dictionary.

Do you believe everything you read or can you occasionally make a decision for yourself?

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact is hes the first president who isn't White. Its hardly surprising the media points it out considering the racial history of the US and its alot easy to simply say hes Black (and he is Black) then the first President to have one parent from kenya the other from kansas and to have been born in hawaii

If his being black is not an issue then how come zillions of blacks who hadn't voted for eons suddenly queued up for yonks to vote for him....

If his being black is not an issue then how come zillions of blacks who hadn't voted for eons suddenly queued up for yonks to vote for him....

And more importantly, how many yonks does it take to make one eon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46