Isaiah Osbourne,

Status
Not open for further replies.
On 10 January 2008, Osbourne agreed to join Leicester City on loan, however just a few days later Villa manager Martin O’Neill was forced to cancel the proposed deal because of mounting injury concerns. On 23 September, Osbourne signed a new three-year deal with Villa, tying him to the club until summer 2011.

He can't even get into a Villa team that is at the wrong end of the Premiership table and has seemingly started a policy of promoting youth players to the first team. Not good enough for me, can't we have Delph instead? That'd be lovely.

The midfield needs experience, not another kid.

I'm of the opinion we have some real quality in the midfield, certainly I think King, Abe and Wellens would be ok prem players. Oakley has had it so we could do with one more player. Additionally, I think we have one or two decent wide players in Vassell and Dyer. Gallagher is not popular...but seems central to Sven's plans.

All in all I don't worry about the midfield as much as the centre of defence, goalie and a striker.

Last edited:
Does it? What, like Kavanagh?? I disagree.. The midfield needs good players, end of..

Who mentioned Kavanagh, I didn't!! What the midfield needs is somebody who can take charge when things are slipping. Many posters have commented on the lack of a leader on the field, we need one in midfield. And to say that we need good players is not the most insightful comment you have ever made Alex.

I think Wellens is a good leader, perhaps we need a replacement for him, which Osbourne could be.

Apologies for lack of effort whilst on the iPhone!!

I think Wellens is a good leader, perhaps we need a replacement for him, which Osbourne could be.

Apologies for lack of effort whilst on the iPhone!!

I think Wellens can go missing when the going gets tough. King will be a leader in 2/3 seasons. I've never seen him play but Osbourne seems to fall in to the promising but not proven category and has done nothing in his career so far to suggest that he is an improvement on what we already have.
Apologies accepted.

I think Wellens can go missing when the going gets tough. King will be a leader in 2/3 seasons. I've never seen him play but Osbourne seems to fall in to the promising but not proven category and has done nothing in his career so far to suggest that he is an improvement on what we already have.
Apologies accepted.

Agree with you about King but your assessment of Wellens is wide of the mark on recent form surely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669