Isnt all this a bit silly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcukcov

All this talk of buying/loaning loads of players before the end of the season seems a bit silly to me. We are practically safe in terms of points. another 5 or 6 point would assure us of this IMO. We can easily do that with the players we have. Then we can play out the season with a mixture of the players we already have and a few youth teamers. i.e. dodds, odihimbo (sp?) and chambers etc.

WTF is the point?:102:

All this talk of buying/loaning loads of players before the end of the season seems a bit silly to me. We are practically safe in terms of points. another 5 or 6 point would assure us of this IMO. We can easily do that with the players we have. Then we can play out the season with a mixture of the players we already have and a few youth teamers. i.e. dodds, odihimbo (sp?) and chambers etc.

Couldn't agree more

The one exception is if it relates to someone decent who we may be looking to sign permanently for next season

It is all completely pointless

Well by bringing them in now we can have a look at them and then see if their quality and personality are right for the championship next season.

Couldn't agree more

The one exception is if it relates to someone decent who we may be looking to sign permanently for next season

It is all completely pointless

True a spose loan deals with a view to permanant is ideal but the player we are talking about are unlikely to be in that position imo.

Well by bringing them in now we can have a look at them and then see if their quality and personality are right for the championship next season.

If we dont think they are good enough for the championship we shouldnt even be looking at them

I agree. Perfect opportunity to blood the youngsters in a no pressure situation. ;)

While there are still points up for grabs and the play offs are in reach, it has to be all out attack.

The moment this becomes mathematically impossible, then experiment. No manager should send their team out for trial and a kick about whilst there is still a mathematical chance of achieveing something. It is totally the wrong message to send to the players

But yes Leroy, I'm bored shitless of all the talk about who's coming in. Forget it for this season, let's see what the current bunch can achieve with a big healthy and wealthy carrot in front of them

The players available now are available for a reason, because no other fecker wants them.
As Fcukcov says, and I agree, its better to now wait until the summer and then start the building programme.
If by chance we did reach the play offs and win, I am afraid we would struggle big time next season with or without MM. Its better to go up with at least half a team who can play there.

I disagree. I think we could do with some competition for places to see who should be shown the door at the end of the season. For example, I thought it was a fecking disgrace that Hume did not seem bothered that he missed one or two 'open' goals because 'we would have settled for a point against struggling Southend at the start'. That is totally the wrong attitude and if there was another striker that would take his 'automatic' place in the team, it would maybe sharpen his ideas a bit. The same goes for others in the team. I want this team to battle to win every game, not muddle along. The same goes for the manager. What the feck is RK going to do for the rest of the season once we reach 50 points. That is the only target he has set. No 'We are going for 80 but will be happy when we have achieved safety at 50'.
There is not enough ambition being displayed by the manager and a lot of the team. In fact the best attitude/effort/performance at the moment is coming from the senior players.

But if we don't blood these 'promising' youngsters now, that people have been talking about for so long, then when will we get chance to see how good they really are? I personally think now is a great opportunity to give a few of them their chance

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd say wait 'til the summer, the only players we're going to get now are rejects...

I disagree. I think we could do with some competition for places to see who should be shown the door at the end of the season. For example, I thought it was a fecking disgrace that Hume did not seem bothered that he missed one or two 'open' goals because 'we would have settled for a point against struggling Southend at the start'. That is totally the wrong attitude and if there was another striker that would take his 'automatic' place in the team, it would maybe sharpen his ideas a bit. The same goes for others in the team. I want this team to battle to win every game, not muddle along. The same goes for the manager. What the feck is RK going to do for the rest of the season once we reach 50 points. That is the only target he has set. No 'We are going for 80 but will be happy when we have achieved safety at 50'.
There is not enough ambition being displayed by the manager and a lot of the team. In fact the best attitude/effort/performance at the moment is coming from the senior players.

So get rid of him then. He is showing that he isn’t really bothered about the team sop why would that change just coz someone else comes in on loan till the end of the season. I just cant see the sense in it.

He's bringing them in on loan now to see whether there smashing lads, work hard on the training ground and enjoy watching video's of the previous match

Wouldn't Milan want RK to bring in a few players now his hands aren't financially tied, so he can then see who he spends his money on (in terms of wages) before handing him real dosh to spend in the summer?

He's bringing them in on loan now to see whether there smashing lads, work hard on the training ground and enjoy watching video's of the previous match

is it just me or is this shite just getting really tedious now?

has anybody got any original ways of taking the piss out of Rob?

is it just me or is this shite just getting really tedious now?

has anybody got any original ways of taking the piss out of Rob?

rk is a wanker!

is that better macky?:102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673