It will happen like this, you know

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer

http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Story_Page/0,7760,1796_127806,00.html

Tim D: Thanks for offering Dave, now what do you think of the candidates ?

DB: Well, that Gregory is a complete two faced wide boy spiv. Can't have him at our club
Hoddle, Strachan, Bobby Robson ? They won't come here, Tim, don't embarrass yourself by asking
Phil Parkinson/gary Johnson/Dave Penney - come on, Tim, we don't want to take another gamble with a duffer from the lower leagues. Remember what happened with Peter Taylor. Don't do it
Levein ? Do you really want another jocko managing your club, Tim. Remember Frank McLintock. Don't do it
Gary Mac ? He's shit, Tim, believe me. And he's another feckin' sweaty. F*ck him right off
George Graham ? He's a f*ckin' bastard, Tim, I'm telling you. A f*ckin ggreat jocko bastard through and through

Look, I'll do it for you, Tim. Don't bother yourself about it. Me and Bilko will get you up. You'll be a feckin hero to all those fickle bonehead fans out there. A f*ckin hero

TD: Well, there's Mike Newell. I think he would work wonders down here, and he's got connections with the club. I think I'll make an approach to Luton

DB: Look, f*ck off Tim, you stinking tart. What do you know, you're a bleedin accountant. You know jack shit about football
Newell's a queen. A f*ckin queen I tell you. Do you want your club run by a bender ? Mincing about like Larry bleedin Grayson ?
Look at his eyebrows as well. Now that's not normal is it ?

No just get back to your accounting and me and Bilko will get you up

TD: Alright, Dave. Thanks for all your help. Here's a contract for the next ten years

I love you, Dave

TD; One last thing Dave,hows your wonky legs?
DB: Fine now Tim but my arms are a bit higgledy piggledy.

DB: Any chance of some transfer money?
TD: No worries, lets launch some new, official leisurewear, those fickle boneheads will bite our hands off

homer said:
http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Story_Page/0,7760,1796_127806,00.html

Tim D: Thanks for offering Dave, now what do you think of the candidates ?

DB: Well, that Gregory is a complete two faced wide boy spiv. Can't have him at our club
Hoddle, Strachan, Bobby Robson ? They won't come here, Tim, don't embarrass yourself by asking
Phil Parkinson/gary Johnson/Dave Penney - come on, Tim, we don't want to take another gamble with a duffer from the lower leagues. Remember what happened with Peter Taylor. Don't do it
Levein ? Do you really want another jocko managing your club, Tim. Remember Frank McLintock. Don't do it
Gary Mac ? He's shit, Tim, believe me. And he's another feckin' sweaty. F*ck him right off
George Graham ? He's a f*ckin' bastard, Tim, I'm telling you. A f*ckin ggreat jocko bastard through and through

Look, I'll do it for you, Tim. Don't bother yourself about it. Me and Bilko will get you up. You'll be a feckin hero to all those fickle bonehead fans out there. A f*ckin hero

TD: Well, there's Mike Newell. I think he would work wonders down here, and he's got connections with the club. I think I'll make an approach to Luton

DB: Look, f*ck off Tim, you stinking tart. What do you know, you're a bleedin accountant. You know jack shit about football
Newell's a queen. A f*ckin queen I tell you. Do you want your club run by a bender ? Mincing about like Larry bleedin Grayson ?
Look at his eyebrows as well. Now that's not normal is it ?

No just get back to your accounting and me and Bilko will get you up

TD: Alright, Dave. Thanks for all your help. Here's a contract for the next ten years

I love you, Dave

A lot too real for me - I prefer when you are in jesting mode Homer.

You hit the nail on the head. Thats why bassett wants to advise the board
But I think bassett would try to steer the board towards a manager that wanted bassett as a director of football. (after all bassett dont want to work for his wedge) But any experianced manager would only come if bassett left so bassett would back the inexperiance lower division managers

One thing we all need to realise is that the all these quotes are coming from Bassett himself, I get the impression that he is desperately trying to promote himself through the media.

I dont think he is being consulted on the new manager and that is why he is spouting off about wanting to be involved in the appointment trying to remind the board that he is still Director of Football.

Also I have yet to see any direct quotes from Tim Davies saying that Bassett and Wilko are in the driving seat or are favourites at all, it appears to me that the board have realised that short term the club is reasonably stable with these two in charge and therefore are taking this opportunity to take there time and not make a rash quick appointment. Again that is why Bassett is again voicing his credentials through the media. He obviously not recieving a positive vibe from the board long term and so therefore feels the need to use the media.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
One thing we all need to realise is that the all these quotes are coming from Bassett himself, I get the impression that he is desperately trying to promote himself through the media.

I dont think he is being consulted on the new manager and that is why he is spouting off about wanting to be involved in the appointment trying to remind the board that he is still Director of Football.

Also I have yet to see any direct quotes from Tim Davies saying that Bassett and Wilko are in the driving seat or are favourites at all, it appears to me that the board have realised that short term the club is reasonably stable with these two in charge and therefore are taking this opportunity to take there time and not make a rash quick appointment. Again that is why Bassett is again voicing his credentials through the media. He obviously not recieving a positive vibe from the board long term and so therefore feels the need to use the media.

He is being consulted about the new manager with his Director of Football hat on, the Trust is raising the growing conflict of interest with the club.

Do have to remember though that many of Harry's comments are responses to media questions, he's hardly likely to say I don't want it is he

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669