Its a bit different.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck T Masala

...from the last management regime in so much that Holloways face was rarely out of the papers, his quotes, blogs, etc were all over the web, we were interestdecin buying this Plymouth player and that Plymouth player and he was giving interviews to anyone who asked. .

Training camps in Slovenia, little hard news on tranfers till they have nearly happened, games behind closed doors potentially. Generally, I fell the whole information/media approach has changed

I accept its very early days and we ain't even kicked a ball in anger yet. It just seems different to me. Of course I want to know what's going on but I don't mind not seeing/listening to Wurzel every 5 mins. If nothing else Pearson seems to take his job very seriously. The OS is still crap.

Ian Holloway hid his ineptitude by making the gullible concentrate on his persona as opposed to his ability. His desire to be popular overpowered his desire to be successful.

So far, Nigel Pearson doesn't seem to care too much if people like him.

when Allen took over, it was quite amusing to read his daily articles that he wrote to the fans on the OS. For me, this was a first, but having almost zero contact with the goings on at lcfc, although boring, it can only say that yes NP takes his job very seriously and im just really looking forward to this season now. as for holloway.... im glad he didnt get the job

I quite enjoyed reading Allen's articles on the OS. Thought it was a nice touch.

I quite enjoyed reading Allen's articles on the OS. Thought it was a nice touch.

I wouldn't know whether Pearson will have any success or not, but I do know that both Allen & Holloway were off the wall and i don't think that is a basis for being taken seriously by the playing staff. They were both playing up to the more stupid fans to be brutally honest and certainly in the case of Holloway had considerable success in fooling quite a proportion of supporters for quite a long time as we saw in the attitudes of some on this forum long after it was painfully obvious that he was in real danger of taking the ship down.

The encouraging thing about Pearson is that he doesn't appear to think that you have to act like a nutter to build a reputation.

Of course, he does have a major advantage in that he is following failures and should have a decent chance of bringing some long awaited improvement given that we will be playing in such a lowly environment.

I wouldn't know whether Pearson will have any success or not, but I do know that both Allen & Holloway were off the wall and i don't think that is a basis for being taken seriously by the playing staff. They were both playing up to the more stupid fans to be brutally honest and certainly in the case of Holloway had considerable success in fooling quite a proportion of supporters for quite a long time as we saw in the attitudes of some on this forum long after it was painfully obvious that he was in real danger of taking the ship down.

The encouraging thing about Pearson is that he doesn't appear to think that you have to act like a nutter to build a reputation.

Of course, he does have a major advantage in that he is following failures and should have a decent chance of bringing some long awaited improvement given that we will be playing in such a lowly environment.

I used to find holloway quite funny. When you listen to him every week though he really started to do my head in. That was before he took us down too.

I think a bit of humbility is exactly what's required, and Pearson seems to know this, which is a good sign.

Excellent:icon_bigg. Do you think he will make it to October:102:

Excellent:icon_bigg. Do you think he will make it to October:102:

Jesting apart,BB, I think he's in a strong position.

We saw with the Ollie situation dragged on that Uncle Milaan now finds it more difficult to sack his managers - mainly because it's become extremely difficult to replace them.

That said, Pearson's record as a football manager is sketchy and I think its impossible to tell how he will get on. Theoretically, he should be well placed to challenge for promotion - if, on the otherhand, we were out of the picture come January then who knows. My guess is that the only way he would be gone by October is if we got a flying start to the season and a higher league club came in for him. After all, we are now even more vulnerable to being picked off.

with regards to the media and transfer rumours, its simply because we are now in league 1. We signed 3 players in a day and ssn didnt even give us a mention.

with regards to the media and transfer rumours, its simply because we are now in league 1. We signed 3 players in a day and ssn didnt even give us a mention.
That's because nobody had ever heard of them. That's down to the player status, not the club status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669