It's a bloody disgrace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

I thought that Pressman did an excellent job for us despite a couple of errors, but I have just seen the 'misses' from Connolly and Scowcroft against F*rest and am truly embarrased! Why aren't all those people who were on Pressman's back screaming for these two 'strikers' to be dropped or sacked? Why isn't CL saying 'that was a disgrace and they can shape up or ship out'?

F*rest had one shot all night and scored - we couldn't hit a barn door at five paces. Last year MA dropped the entire team after the Wolves debacle and made Elliot play in the reserves. I would put them both in the reserves until they can score a hat-trick. Whatever Connolly did at West Ham he certainly ain't doing here, and Scowcroft did better when he was out on the wing.

Give Benjamin and Blake a run together. They could not possibly do worse and it might just persuade the other two wasters to get their act together. Come on Craig, time to bite the bullet. Tricky Trev will scare the crap out of the Rotherham defence. Put Nalis behind them in the Scholes/Rooney slot with three at the back, and let's rip into Rotherham!

as much as connolly and scowcroft don't score as much, Blake doesn't put any effort in he is a waste of space against reading gave away to many pointless freekicks.

It is not desperate, it is logical. Strikers are not paid to just run around for 90 minutes, they are paid to score goals. Our current top 2 strikers cannot even put the ball into an empty net, a feat most of our grandmothers could do with ease. Take them off and let somebody else have a go. If Taylor let in every shot we would soon get rid, so why persist with strikers who cannot strike?

Connolly scored could be the start of a run...Good job there not paid to run round for 90 minutes or Blake could be in trouble.

Cant understand peoples thinking here. Connolly and scowcroft are undoubtedly the best 2 strikers at the club and could easily form a productive partnership given time. Connolly is small and quick with a high work rate and Scowy offers strength and aerial ability. Sure, things havent gone as well as they could but replacing them with Blake and Benjamin is silly talk. What will it produce? nothing other than breaking up a partnership that is developing.

Scowy and Connolly Please until they no can no longer walk.

If scowcroft and connolly don't improve then give either benjamin or blake a go with one of, but not together-it would all end in tears

IMO Levein will never play Benjamin unless theres an Injury crisis.I think he's made his mind up on him just by watching him in The reserves.He rarely puts him on the Bench I just think he really doesn't rate him whereas he does rate Connolly.

Carlo said:
Iv'e heard a rumour that Benjamin will be leaving in the january window to go to Hull!!!!

Not knocking the info here (yes I am :wink: ) but the bloody Jan window does not come into effect, as it is only prem teams that have to abide by it.
If he is going feck off now and free up the god damn absene amount of money you have been milking from us for doing nowt.
Can not see it though, he will stay and rake in the cash until his contract runs out in the summer, and who blames him.

David Connolly - proven goalscorer?

In the 2003/04 he played 48 games for West Ham and scored 14 goals as follows: Preston - 2, Rushden - 2, Ipwich, Crewe - 2, Millwall, Burnley - 2, Wigan, Wolves, Coventry, Stoke.

Only 35% of goals were scored against a side in the top twelve of the table and only 1 goal scored against a top 6 side.

He also had the luxury of quality supporting strikers.

Food for thought for all the Connolly supporters

fair enough but in the two seasons before that he scored 42 goals in 63 division 1 games - that sort of form over 2 seasons has got to indicate that he has got the capability to be a very good finisher, that was done in a not particularly strong team as well. a player can go on a burst of unusually good form or have a good scoring streak when his confidence is high but surely no one ever heard of a 'good run' of 63 games - iv got faith in him still - he will come good

kam said:
David Connolly - proven goalscorer?

In the 2003/04 he played 48 games for West Ham and scored 14 goals as follows: Preston - 2, Rushden - 2, Ipwich, Crewe - 2, Millwall, Burnley - 2, Wigan, Wolves, Coventry, Stoke.

Only 35% of goals were scored against a side in the top twelve of the table and only 1 goal scored against a top 6 side.

He also had the luxury of quality supporting strikers.

Food for thought for all the Connolly supporters

yeah and the season before that he scored 30 goals...must be some kind of terrible finisher :roll: :wink:

kam do you celebrate when leicester win? or do you just start slitting your wrists because theres nothing you can complain about CHEER UP IT'S CHRISTMAS :D

drummindefender said:
kam do you celebrate when leicester win? or do you just start slitting your wrists because theres nothing you can complain about CHEER UP IT'S CHRISTMAS :D

My comments are just intended for this particular topic, I've seen nothing in Connolly to support the faith others have in him, yes he had two good season scoring 19 in 01/02 and 24 in 02/03. My point simply being that since those two seasons he's not been scoring regularly.

Comments have been made about goalkeeper, defence, midfield, these areas IMO are covered it's the strikers that have let the team down and yet Connolly is still rated highly, so I suppose it must be Dublin then Scowcrofts fault.

As much as Connelly lack of goals drives me mad. I agree that he and Scowy are our best strikers and people should realise that the most prolific goal scorer’s don’t score from every opportunity. One goal from three opportunities is about average for a world class goal scorer and as Scowy and Connelly are not world class players, so can we expect that kind of return from them? I don’t think so.
The solution is simple. We must make more opportunities, and more goals would follow, applying the solution is not so easy, but, it is the responsibility of the whole squad to feed Scowy and Connelly. So selecting a player with less ability would probably result in fewer goals.

But as a contradiction, I would like to see Trev and Connelly together. CL should try it in a reserve match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669