It's always darkest before the dawn....

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh so it's darkest at the point before any light appears?

i apologise and retract

it's just tautological nonsense then

Actually, as Leicestershire County Council are well into their new costcutting policy of switching streetlights off at midnight, it makes perfect sense to me.

He started more than half our league games last season, I wouldn't call anyone who did that a fringe player.

Well that would depend on how much he was injured throughout the season. I don't remember him having any particular lengthy spells out injured off the top of my head (I may be wrong).

Foundations on shifting sands...

And I'm laughing at anyone describing Sousa as an internationally-acclaimed manager. Loudly.

Plus 'Foxes never quit' saw us fighting until the final whistle of each game, bar one or two of them on Friday - the players didnt seem to have any fight in them

'Foxes Never Quit' is a load of old bollocks anyway. They often 'quit', in fact, they're actually really pathetic, timid creatures.

'Foxes Scavenge Rubbish Bins' that should be our new slogan and mode of operation, you never know what we might find

'Foxes Never Quit' is a load of old bollocks anyway. They often 'quit', in fact, they're actually really pathetic, timid creatures.

'Foxes Scavenge Rubbish Bins' that should be our new slogan and mode of operation, you never know what we might find

I bet Ian Marshall and Steve Claridge were brought up in rubbish bins.

Plus 'Foxes never quit' saw us fighting until the final whistle of each game, bar one or two of them on Friday - the players didnt seem to have any fight in them

Fight, organisation, cohesion, passion, desire, tactical nouse...................where the flip has it gone!

Come on lads - what ever happened to the 'Foxes Never Quit' spirit?

As a 'foxile' living abroad, I've only seen two of this season's Leicester games on TV (Reading & Cardiff), but both times we looked impressive under Paulo's leadership

90% of the Forum comments are negative but I can see some real positives in the club this year that seem to be getting overlooked as most fans are reaching for the 'panic button'

1. wealthy new foreign owners ready to pull the cheque book out & sign some quality players who will take the club forward (eg. Waghorn & the Japan international midfielder)

2. Internationally acclaimed manager, one the best players of Portugal's "Golden" generation, with good contacts that will give us opportunities to sign players on loan or help attract good players to the club on a permanent basis

3. Sousa's coaching skills have seen two of last season's fringe players excell to become cornerstones of this year's team (Dyer & King)

I say "get behind the team", give Sousa a few more weeks before calling for changes - there's been a lot of talk about Martin O'Neil coming back to Leicester, but most on here should remember a home loss to Sheff Utd where there were vociferous "O'Neil Out' protests after an opening run of 6-7 games without a win..... and boy did MON prove the doubters wrong with the success we enjoyed shortly afterwards

Keep going Paulo... keep going team... let's get a few wins under the belt & get us up where we belong, challenging for promotion :038:

Get to many games, do you?

Thanks for the upbeat post Wombat.. it is refreshing to read some positive thoughts, though sadly this spin is pretty thin. Teams in our current position rarely suddenly improve.

We've seen in patches that the team can play, and yes we've not had the rub of the green with disallowed goals, offside decisions.. but there's no hiding the PS style simply isn't working.. Build from the back, be organized and difficult to break down should be the foundation right now.. but this guys ego is so big he thinks he's playing in the Champions League not the Championship.. he's trading in past glories and is being found out .. sadly at Leicester's expense.

He's not an Internationally acclaimed manager, his contacts are only useful if combined with good instincts. I'd love to be proven wrong but after 8 games and seeing the body language, post match comments and team selections I think we're in for bad looking scrap.. imagine playing this Style Away from home in February against the likes of Derby, Cardiff & Sheff Utd.. I can't see him instilling confidence in the players or having the fight.. Here's to hoping I'm totally wrong..

It's do or die for Sousa tonight. The players know this as much as anyone. If they dont want him here, it will be apparent and the result and peformace will be along the saem lines as last Friday.

Worst possibel result....dire draw. Enough to give him a lifeline and no clear step forward.

Get to many games, do you?

I've been to maybe 500 City games the length & breadth of the country, since my first in 1969 & watched every competetive England match since the 1970 World Cup, so I think I have the credentials to make your amateurish attempt at a put-down quite laughable

In my experience, booing players who are under-performing, or calling for a managers head 7 games into a season becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy

If you care about LCFC as much as I do, cheer the boys until you're hoarse & trust in the club management to plot a course for our success

We were spoiled for a few years with a solid & reliable manager like Pearson, those halcyon days are now behind us - the future is Paulo Sousa & LCFC playing good football in the Premiership within three years (if the manager & players don't feel we've given up on them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00