James Taylor Possible England Lions winter tour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox58

Must have a chance of being included in the tour party

His unbeaten 96 in the Glamorgan match takes his total to 1,148 runs with an average of almost 72.

so the obvious thing would be to start contract negotiations now wouldnt it. I bet county wait till about july next year and then they will show their obvious dismay when he walks away!

Since tom new just signed a new one i guess those negotiations are currently taking place and it will be interesting to note if there is NOT a similar announcement about taylor in the next few weeks.

Since tom new just signed a new one i guess those negotiations are currently taking place and it will be interesting to note if there is NOT a similar announcement about taylor in the next few weeks.

both New and Taylor presented with their county caps before the Glam game yesterday. Taylor becomes the youngest capped player since 1938

Of course, if and when, a player like Taylor becomes a regular and centrally contracted England player, then Leics wouldn't see much of him anyway. So I have difficulty in seeing the great benefit of having such players from a playing point of view. Obviously, I can see the benefit from a role model to attract other potential youngsters and possibly promotional/ sponsorship angle though I am sceptical about its impact on attendances at matches.

Regretably the real assets are your better Kolpaks who are always available for county games because they have renounced their international careers. My hunch is that the likes of O'Brien and Dippenaar are always liable to be 'poached' by wealthier counties (i.e. all the other 17 counties) for the above reason as well as the likes of James Taylor. Just a thought of course.

Apparently of the previous winners only 10 have not gone on to play for England

Hes in a 'performance squad', although there are some players in the C category who I've never heard of so I don't know how much weight to put on this.

http://www.cricinfo.com/england/content/current/story/429415.html

The 'B' Group players include the Middlesex seamer, Steven Finn, and Leicestershire's Young Player of the Year, James Taylor, and are described by the ECB as "those with experience of first-class cricket and are perceived to be 1-3 years away from the England team".

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69