Jamie's Dinners - HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lako42

This is a long shot but im desperate.

Does anyone on here have this book? Im supposed to be cooking tomorrow night and i have just realised ive lost my copy.

Im despereate for a recipe out of it if anyone can help.

Last edited:
which recipe as it could be on the net somewhere ?

Ive looked mate, theres one but it cuts stuff out, would it be really cheeky to maybe ask if someone could scan it in and send it to me :icon_redf

still need to know which one before i ring my old dear :icon_wink

The cannelloni one :biggrin: :023:

Cheers mate, dont suppose the instructions are a possibility are they :icon_redf

Legend

The cannelloni one :biggrin: :023:

Cheers mate, dont suppose the instructions are a possibility are they :icon_redf

Legend

here we go

2 knobs of butter
olive oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
a large handful of fresh majoram or oregano, roughly chopped
1/2 of a nutmeg, grated
8 large handful of spinach, thoroughly washed
a handful of fresh basil, stalks chopped, leaves ripped
2 x 400g tins of good quality plum tomatoes, chopped
sea salt and ground black pepper
a pinch of sugar
400g crumbly ricotta cheese
2 handfuls of freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
16 cannelloni tubes
200g mozzarella, broken up
For white sauce
1 x 500ml tub of creme fraiche
3 anchovies, finely chopped
2 handfuls of freshly grated Parmesan Cheese

Preheat oven to 180 C. Boil water with some salt, add in lasagne sheet and boil for about 8 minutes. Remove from water when done and just drain it with cold water to stop the cooking. Heat pan with oil then add in one of the garlic cloves and majoram or oregano. When garlic is soft, add in spinach. In my case, I used frozen spinach. So I just thawed it in the microwave for a couple of minutes, then stir into the garlic & oregano on the pan. Leave to cool. Then make the tomato base sauce as you wish. For me, heat the pan with oil and garlic, added in tomato paste and water, some pepper and oregano as well. If you wanna add basil, go ahead. While the sauce is cooking, make the ricotta spinach mixture.
Add in ricotta to the spinach with some parmesan. Make sure that the spinach doesnt have excess water. If you cook from fresh spinach, there might be some moisture that you need to squeeze out. So, mix everthing. Then use a piping bag to squeeze into the cannelloni. In my case, I rolled the ricotta spinach mixture in the lasagne. Then, put into the baking tray. Pour the tomato sauce over it.
For the white sauce, Jamie’s way, mix together creme fraiche, anchovies and 2 handfuls of Parmesan with a little salt and pepper, then loosen with a little water until you can spoon it over cannelloni. My way, well, I used a instant cheese sauce where I just added milk and water and boiled to thickening consistency. Then pour into the baking tray, spinkle some Parmesan and Mozzarella and bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbling.

hope that helps .

Cheers me dears, very good of you Newts, thank you.

very sure she not got a pc plus the wife typed it while i repeated what she said :icon_redf

Wow she got the punctuation and everything spot on to that link that Jeff posted :icon_lol::icon_lol:

RUMBLED :081::081::081:

she obviously didnt newts as it wouldnt say "to make the white sauce jamies way" in it etc. plus i have the same book downstairs, and its not the same (same recipe though lako don't worry, its just someone else has typed it up on the net)

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46