January Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singth

After reading that IH plans to be fairly active in the transfer window I am wondering who he is planning on getting shot of. There is obviously a whole bunch of dead wood down there but will he decide to sell some of the so-called first teamers? If so who? Will there be any offers that are too good to refuse?

I think he may sell a couple of the "untouchables" (haha) to generate a bit more cash whilst also shaking it up a bit.

My outs:

Nielsen
Maybury
Stearman
Newton
Kisnorbo
Hammond

There are loads more I would imagine.

Kisnorbo!?

Yeah I think he would fetch decent money that Ollie would be able to do more with. He is decent but not great and if we got £2 mil for him we could get a couple of new fellas in that could do just as good a job. That's my opinion anyway.

Don't think we're in a position where we need to be selling to buy! I'm sure Meelan will happily put up the cash anyway, Kisnorbo going nowhere!

He isn't coming here expecting to sell his best players! Thats the reason he left Plymouth!!

We need two wingers, a striker and a left back.

Candidates for these roles please:

Oh my god. Kisnorbo? Ok then.....

To be fair, Ollie is looking for players with the right character. People who will be influential and vocal on the pitch. If Ollie wants this (quite rightly in my view), then something has to give in all areas of the team because right now, the silence out on the pitch is deafening. Kisnorbo is one of the worst culprits.

I'd support him dumping any of the current lot for someone with some bollocks.

Wrong IMO Joe, Two central midfielders are the must, one being attacking that can score goals (Howard at Barnsley could do a job) a striker maybe, but if ours get more support and service they will do until the summer when proper targets and prices will be easier to come by.

To be fair, Ollie is looking for players with the right character. People who will be influential and vocal on the pitch. If Ollie wants this (quite rightly in my view), then something has to give in all areas of the team because right now, the silence out on the pitch is deafening. Kisnorbo is one of the worst culprits.

I'd support him dumping any of the current lot for someone with some bollocks.

That's my reasoning. None of the players really can lay claim to a guaranteed spot. I'm not saying he NEEDS to sell Kisnorbo but he is one player who would generate some money to be put back into the squad. Kisnorbo is decent but easily replaced and I just think that there is so much dead wood at the club that cashing in now might do us some good. As I said before, that's my opinion.

Wrong IMO Joe, Two central midfielders are the must, one being attacking that can score goals.

One of the things I've read from Ollie is that he doesn't believe in defensive/attacking midfielders. He believes that all midfielders should do both as that's the job. If we have defensive midfielders, he will expect them to get forward and contribute. If they are not up to it, expect them to be shown the door.

Erm - Sheehan, Mattock, Chambers, Kenton and Maybury (if desperate)

A Left Back is certainly not at the top of the list of priorities :icon_roll

Top three needs are as follows:

Central Midfield
Central Midfield
Right-sided Midfield

Until those needs are met, nothing else is important

Last edited:

Central Midfield
Central Midfield
Right-sided Midfield

Agreed.

No, no, no, I simply do not agree. Selling Paddy K because he doesn't shout enough?

He's the best player at this club for God's sake.

Central Midfield
Central Midfield
Right-sided Midfield

Think we need 2 wingers to be honest. left and right

No, no, no, I simply do not agree. Selling Paddy K because he doesn't shout enough?

He's the best player at this club for God's sake.

Being the best player at this club is hardly something to get excited about. Not one of the senior players are Prem standard. Some of the youngsters have the potential to be, but that's about it.

How long are you suggesting that we keep faith with a decent Championship centre half for? Do you seriously think he's good enough for the Prem? He is incapable of passing the ball to a team mate!

Did you see him against Soton? It was one of the worst centre half performances in history of the club (a la Jimmy Willis).

Best defence in the league... quick buy a new left back and sell our high scoring centre back.

Thank goodness none of you are the manager.

One of the things I've read from Ollie is that he doesn't believe in defensive/attacking midfielders. He believes that all midfielders should do both as that's the job. If we have defensive midfielders, he will expect them to get forward and contribute. If they are not up to it, expect them to be shown the door.

I have not seen what Ollie said, but you are always going to get players that are better at certain aspects of the game, some can tackle and pass, but can not score to save their lives, others can score for fun, but not the best tacklers.
I agree that when playing they can not just sit in those roles, they must chip in all over the park.
Ten years ago I prefered Izzet shooting than Lennon and Lennon tackling rather than Izzet.

Best defence in the league... quick buy a new left back and sell our high scoring centre back.

Thank goodness none of you are the manager.

But it worked on Champ Manager, you idiot, and now we're top of the league, and have just won the FA Cup :018:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669