January transfer window

How would you rate Leicester City's activity during the January 2023 transfer window?

• Excellent

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Good

Votes: 39 72.2%
  • Average

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Poor

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joe_Fox

Was it good? Average? Bad? Thoughts please.

To me it looks like the club has wrestled control back of the recruiting process which is pretty encouraging.

I’m hopeful about the left back who looks pretty tidy and Souttar fits our previous model to a tee. Both positions we needed desperate help in.

Tete? We’ve had our fair share of short term right wing experiments (Ghezzal, Under, Lookman, Brexit) with very mixed results. Still, something to be excited about.

I don’t think Rodgers can have any excuses about club support.

My only gripe is our continued inability to move players on…but I suppose that damage was done years ago with regrettable deals for Bertrand, Vestergaard, Praet as well as our messy contract situations across the board.

It’s far better than anyone expected, I think?

Well I voted good but probably might be better voting after a few games? See how the new recruits fit in.

I’d have fast tracked Nathan Opoku into the squad and loaned out Daka to OHL.

Just my opinion though… everyone has one.

Well, it looks like the general consensus is that we had a good January 2023 transfer window. haha.

It’s an average for me.

Letting both Albrighton and Perez leave is a mistake. An injury to Titties will leave us massively short, or he could just be shit.

We’re still paying the wages of Soyuncu and Vestegaard, both of which have no chance of ever playing.

We badly needed a striker. Vardy can’t play every game. Iheanacho isn’t fancied by Rodgers. And Daka is complete horse shit.

And finally, we should have spent the money from one of the signings to sack Rodgers, and it would have been like signing 25 new players.

We've filled the three roles we clearly needed at the club with players who look like they are both an upgrade on what we have and likely to grow in value. We've moved out two players who rightly weren't getting serious amounts of game time to free up wagesand squad space. Seriously, and without signing the second coming of Pele, how could this have been bettered?

We've filled the three roles we clearly needed at the club with players who look like they are both an upgrade on what we have and likely to grow in value. We've moved out two players who rightly weren't getting serious amounts of game time to free up wagesand squad space. Seriously, and without signing the second coming of Pele, how could this have been bettered?
I think Abedi has retired now and he’s got to be in his 50s at least, so probably wouldn’t have helped us anyway.

I've voted average at the moment. Reality is that the players we've brought in don't have PL experience - which as we've seen with countless players in the past; is a gamble.

I think Souttar sounds like a promising player, but I've never seen him play. Meanwhile I think an already weak dressing room has lost it's vice captain, so we'll see how that plays out.

We should run this poll again in 5 games time and see what the window looks like having seen them play.

I'm pleased to see us strengthen three weak positions. I still think that our keeper is woefully inadequate.

I'm perplexed at how imbalanced the squad now is. Presumably, Rodgers will want Barnes, Maddison and Tete in the side. However any injury to any of them and we have to either change formation or play others out of position.

Just one example of the weirdnesses is our 6 full backs and 7 central defenders in the first team squad. We're very defender heavy and very short in creative roles.

This will take multiple windows to correct but you can only do so much in January.

If we were able to spend some money we really should have done something more in the summer, maybe then we would be looking at more than just trying to avoid relegation. Tete is a short term fix. Souttar and Kristiansen are unknowns at this level at a time when we really need players to hit the ground running.

Overall I think this window slaps of desperation, we have had to take what was available and hope it comes off. Hopefully it's enough.

To me it looks like the club has wrestled control back of the recruiting process which is pretty encouraging.

I’m hopeful about the left back who looks pretty tidy and Souttar fits our previous model to a tee. Both positions we needed desperate help in.

Tete? We’ve had our fair share of short term right wing experiments (Ghezzal, Under, Lookman, Brexit) with very mixed results. Still, something to be excited about.

I don’t think Rodgers can have any excuses about club support.

My only gripe is our continued inability to move players on…but I suppose that damage was done years ago with regrettable deals for Bertrand, Vestergaard, Praet as well as our messy contract situations across the board.

It’s far better than anyone expected, I think?
Vestergaard only didn’t move because he hadn’t finished his dip dab and didn’t want to leave it at home, or some other bullshit

thought I was good at algebra but I can’t solve this one
14 seconds?
Which, funnily enough is what Tete had during his lovely meal.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463