Japan Tsunami

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJN-Fox

Just looking at the pictures on Sky news, 8.9 magnitude earthquake with a 10m tsunami wave. Huge fire at an oil refinery. They reckon it's the biggest quake ever recorded. Massive amounts of damage.

Amazingly there are only 26 reported deaths although I suspect that will go up.

West coast of America and Hawaii are on tsunami alert along with Austalia and New Zealand.

The footage is quite horrendous watching lines of traffic just being engulfed by it all. Tragic. Wonder if Abe is affected by this personally?

Abe comes from Ichikawa, Chiba* which is 20 kilometres from the centre of Tokyo in the very area on the East of Japan that was affected. I imagine if his family and friends still live there that they would have had some involvement so I would think his mind will be elsewhere and doubt he would be wanting to play tomorrow. But who knows everyone he knows might be okay and if he is in touch today with those he might feel okay about it enough to play.

Anyway my thoughts go out to those involved and hope that it does not get worse in the other areas that the Tsunami is meant to be hitting in the next few hours.

Fukushima Ken Oki in Japan was the epicentre of three consecutive earthquakes today of a magnitude of 6.6 on the Richter scale.

The first earthquake was at 17:08 followed by another at 17:13 and a third one at 17:17.

Areas affected were: Shiga, Aichi, Gifu, Ishikawa, Nagano, Hokkaido, Yamanashi, Niigata, Kanagawa, Tokyo, Chiba*, Saitama, Gunma, Ibaraki, Yamagata, Akita, Aomori, Tochigi, Miyagi, Iwate and Fukushima, the epicentre.

I have friends out there at the moment, but nobody can contact them, and they are in Tokyo suburbs

I have friends out there at the moment, but nobody can contact them, and they are in Tokyo suburbs

Lots of communications down, my colleagues in Nagoya are having few problems but or Tokyo office is out of contact.

Lots of communications down, my colleagues in Nagoya are having few problems but or Tokyo office is out of contact.

One of them has just got a message up on facebook, saying he has never been so scared in all his life. Just wants to get home now.

One of them has just got a message up on facebook, saying he has never been so scared in all his life. Just wants to get home now.

I'm quite glad I didn't attend our company budget meeting at head office this week, colleagues from Germany, the US and various other places should all be flying back home tomorrow

I'm quite glad I didn't attend our company budget meeting at head office this week, colleagues from Germany, the US and various other places should all be flying back home tomorrow

not now they wont.

The top hashtag on twitter at the moment is #prayforjapan

What the **** good is that gonna do for ****s sake? So if your god in his infinite wisdom decides to **** you over with a massive earthquake, the first response is to pray to him?
There doesn't seem to be any clarity on which particular god you should be praying to, but there is also the more realistic, and actually helpful, #donateforjapan tag

The top hashtag on twitter at the moment is #prayforjapan

What the **** good is that gonna do for ****s sake? So if your god in his infinite wisdom decides to **** you over with a massive earthquake, the first response is to pray to him?
There doesn't seem to be any clarity on which particular god you should be praying to, but there is also the more realistic, and actually helpful, #donateforjapan tag

I'll put you down as agnostic then?

So can I, but not that would be useable on here.

My aunt's bro and his family are also ok, took a couple of hours before they got word though.

I some times wonder how people can complain about a bit of snow in this country when you see this sort of stuff happening elsewhere in the world.

A three foot wave?

Considering they've had to deal with Mothra, Manda, Rodan and Godzilla in the past this must have been as nothing.

Looks absolutely awfull, very relieved that im on the caribbean side of the Isthmus, Although not tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711
8Tottenham 610
9Brentford710