Jay DeMerit

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kind of defender that would head a medicine ball if you asked him to. There's no harm in signing a 4th central defender and using Moz as a right back. To be honest I think we'd struggle to find a better full back that Moz anyway.

*Edit* I'm not counting Tunchev in those 4. Even if Tunch is on the verge of finding some fitness DeMerit would still be a good addition.

Last edited:
If its true we have another fecking defender!

:102: Sousa proved last season that a team can get by on a great defence and little else. That coupled with attacking players that are in my opinion better than the ones he had at Swansea he looks to buying very sensibly.

Last edited:
:102: Sousa proved last season that a team can get by on a great defence and little else. That coupled with attacking players that are in my opinion better than the ones he had at Swansea he looks to buying very sensibly.

well said young sir, despite missing out a word at the end :icon_bigg

well said young sir, despite missing out a word at the end :icon_bigg

Groundhog? Moz? Tits? Aberdeen? MonsterMunch (all one word)?

Am I the only one that doesn't rate DeMerit then? I've never thought he's been outstanding for Watford and from what I saw he looked a bit suspect in the World Cup too...

Am I the only one that doesn't rate DeMerit then? I've never thought he's been outstanding for Watford and from what I saw he looked a bit suspect in the World Cup too...

As did most of the england squad and i'd have them in my leicester team.

Last edited:
As did most of the england squad and i'd have them in my leicester team.

You raise a good point though I don't think it's quite that simple. The likes of John Terry have been playing at the top of their game for years, regular England International, Champions League regular, PremierLeague title winner. DeMerit has been released by Watford (who were battling relegation last year) in the same league as ourselves...

I do not rate him at all, he is slow and is often caught ball watching. Did Bruce sign for Sheffield United recently?

Isn't he just a direct replacement for Brown.

don't play him against sides with pace, but if the opposition is a lump it up to the big man type, than he will swallow up all the balls whacked in the air towards him

Just hope his ball distribution is better, altho if not can't see Sousa signing him & his political views are somewhat different :)

Last edited:
You raise a good point though I don't think it's quite that simple. The likes of John Terry have been playing at the top of their game for years, regular England International, Champions League regular, PremierLeague title winner. DeMerit has been released by Watford (who were battling relegation last year) in the same league as ourselves...

Agree! But he did well for watford when they were in the prem though that was a few years ago now. Would be a solid addition on a free. Don't think we have the cash to look much further.

DeMerit has been released by Watford (who were battling relegation last year) in the same league as ourselves...
I read somewhere that Watford couldn't afford to offer him a new contract and in general their fans are gutted he's leaving. Could be wrong, though.

I read somewhere that Watford couldn't afford to offer him a new contract and in general their fans are gutted he's leaving. Could be wrong, though.

I know what you mean, it's exactly the type of thing you could think you read, but in fact never did, a general sort of thing that could occur at any moment for anyone on the planet ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670