Jewell & Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Si Nick

Ok they are in the Prem now, but are they really a much better bet than us?

Would have thought Jewell would have wanted to go for a Prem club with the finances to stay up

So does this mean that Jewell just didn't fancy working for Milan.

I'm happy with Ollie anyway, but it makes you wonder

It is a strange one - we have more of a chance of being in the Premiership next season than Derby do. Even Norwich or QPR do as well!

Last edited:
More likely:

Derby relegated

Derby are about the most cash rich club in next year's championship

Jewell achieves promotion and gets fresh crack at the premiership

seems odd to quickly distance yourself from any upcoming job in the league and then put yourself forward at derby......

I prefered my scenario

Cause you do.

But I think Jewell is on a potential winner.

No one thinks that Derby can avoid relegation - but Jewell probably thinks he can muster enough points to earn credit. If they don't he can blame the last bloke. Either way he is ok.

In contrast, if he had joined us - which he was never going to consider - he would have been faced with the unrealistic expectation of challenging to get to the play offs next year; sorting out too big a squad littered with poor players for next season- never mind Milan.

Hopefully Megson and Jewell will be managing Championship sides next year and will be shattered at us being in the Premiership. :icon_razz

He's mates with Pearson.

i wouldn't turn down better opportunities to work for a mate, in fact i would not consider working for a mate in the sort of environment that he will be in

So does this mean that Jewell just didn't fancy working for Milan.

I'm happy with Ollie anyway, but it makes you wonder

I think we have a better manager than Derby have.

he would have been faced with the unrealistic expectation of challenging to get to the play offs next year; sorting out too big a squad littered with poor players for next season- never mind Milan.
Why is it unrealistic to be aiming for the play-offs next season? :102:

It is a stated aim to achieve promotion in three season which was never going to happen in this one but anything less than a top six spot next season is unthinkable.

Both Dreby and Jewel can go and fcuk themselves with something wide and rusty. I couldn't give a flying fcuk what happens to them. wankers the lot of them

He has to ensure he retains his "most contraversial" title. Give him a break.

He is so last year though. :icon_roll My money is on Macky this year. :icon_wink

He has to ensure he retains his "most contraversial" title. Give him a break.

He is so last year though. :icon_roll My money is on Macky this year. :icon_wink

fcuk both of you, I bet you are dreby fans in disguise really.....
birdie.gif
clubinhand.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673