Joe Hamill - Signed From Hearts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesnt sound like the player we want. Cant see the point of another left winger at the club to be honest, unless he is one for the furture.

Three year deal been done according to a Hearts fan at work. Don't know which site he got it from though.

In talks now..

Hamill talks with Levein about switch

PAUL KIDDIE

HEARTS winger Joe Hamill was today on the verge of a dream move to England after opening talks with Coca-Cola Championship side Leicester City.

The 21-year-old has travelled south for talks with former boss Craig Levein having been told by Jambos manager George Burley that his first-team opportunities this season will be restricted.

The big-spending Gorgie chief has made seven signings since his appointment to the hot seat, with the squad now particularly well endowed on the left-hand side of the park.

The arrival of the likes of Czech internationalist Rudi Skacel and the presence of the experienced Jamie McAllister and David Cesnauskis has seen Hamill drop down the pecking order to such an extent that Burley is happy to give him the chance of finding some regular action elsewhere.

"We have got plenty of back- up on the left-hand side of the team now so we have agreed to let Joe speak to Leicester," he said. Levein, of course, knows the player well from his time in charge at Tynecastle and is an admirer of the youngster's ability to provide dangerous crosses from the left-hand side of the park.

Hamill signed a new one-year deal in the summer but would jump at the chance to reunite himself with other familiar faces at the Walkers Stadium, Levein having also poached Mark de Vries, Alan Maybury and Patrick Kisnorbo from the Gorgie club since taking charge of the Foxes last season.

"Joe knows Craig Levein well and, if the talks work out, it will be a good opportunity for the lad," added Burley.

Striker Michal Pospisil, meanwhile, came through Tuesday's reserve derby against Hibs without any reaction to his hamstring problem but will have to wait for first-team involvement.

The Czech star trained yesterday but Burley admitted that Sunday's trip to Tannadaice and the SPL meeting with Dundee United will come too soon for the forward. "Michal played 45 minutes against Hibs at Easter Road but is still a bit short of match fitness," said Burley.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football.cfm?id=1764362005

The big-spending Gorgie chief has made seven signings since his appointment to the hot seat, with the squad now particularly well endowed on the left-hand side of the park.

Has Dion signed for Hearts? :102: :icon_lol:

Blaby blue blood said:

Has Dion signed for Hearts? :102: :icon_lol:

Ha ha, brilliant!!!!!!!

The question we need to be asking to the hearts fans is does he have a borhter called Marc?? And if so can he come and bring his light sabre with him please.

and Levi is really just Yoda in disguise. Its all coming together now. Use the force Craig.:073:

I was expecting yourself or Darth Vodka to come along. The force is strong in me I foresaw your coming to this thread.

fcukcov said:
I was expecting yourself or Darth Vodka to come along. The force is strong in me I foresaw your coming to this thread.

Keep it clean please !

fcukcov said:

feel the power of the left side

Skywalker on the left, Elvis on the right, here i am stuck in the middle with Hughes

Darth Vodka said:
feel the power of the left side

Skywalker on the left, Elvis on the right, here i am stuck in the middle with Hughes

Top stuff Darth, lets hope the Walkers get the opportunity to sing this one, a sure fire hit !

Hope he turns out better than the previous Hamill from Scotland, Stewart in the early 80's. He soon vanished into the lower leagues.
This signing also reminds me a little of Brooker, who i had high hopes for. Fast tricky winger we were told but turned out to be rubbish!

fcukcov said:

The force is strong with you young one!:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670