Joey Gudjohnsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

Last night at Gillingham I thought he was superb - solid in the tackle, looked sharp, up for it and quality... I was over-the-moon with that; I think he'll be in for the rest of the season if he carries on like that...

To me him and Williams sounds a good partnership, ball winner and playmaker.

Both of you are spot on here, last night they were both superb, complimenting eachothers style briliantly, Williams is the best midfielder in this division by a mile, and Joey`s performance proved that he too was another inspired signing by the gaffer, long may they continue to control midfields as they did last night.

A bit harsh on Nalis no? By all accounts he's been one of the few positives to come from the start of the season, whereas Williams has flattered to decieve.

I think nalis has the potential to be a beckham-esque right midfielder, his deliveries are good, put scowcroft on the left.

Martyn said:
A bit harsh on Nalis no? By all accounts he's been one of the few positives to come from the start of the season, whereas Williams has flattered to decieve.

I was`nt decrying Lil, but it has to be said very few of us would have had him in our first choice line ups at the start, he gives 100% but to me he lacks an end product to his efforts, he gives the ball away an awful lot too, great guy to have around though.

alex said:
I would love to see five in the middle....

I'd go with that (as I have suggested before)

Canero-Nalis-Joey-Williams-Tiatto

8)

mad biker said:
Martyn said:

I was`nt decrying Lil, but it has to be said very few of us would have had him in our first choice line ups at the start, he gives 100% but to me he lacks an end product to his efforts, he gives the ball away an awful lot too, great guy to have around though.

Too true, can you shed some light on this icelandic player that we are rumoured to be signing?

alex said:

To be honest I think that the order of most TV's without digital, sky or cable (BBC1, BBC2, ITV, CH4, Five) is spot on.

Having Five in the middle would be un-natural IMO but I suppose we are all entitled to our opinions (and before you voice your opinion about me, I already know)

before you accuse me of being a moaner i feel before you can class gudjohnson and williams a great partnership they have 2 be playing well reguarly. i'm pleased to hear they played well last night, but until they do it a minimum five times on the spin, we can't be shouting from the rooftops.

drummindefender said:
before you accuse me of being a moaner i feel before you can class gudjohnson and williams a great partnership they have 2 be playing well reguarly. i'm pleased to hear they played well last night, but until they do it a minimum five times on the spin, we can't be shouting from the rooftops.

A surprisingly valid point, well done sir.

Joe_Fox said:
drummindefender said:

A surprisingly valid point, well done sir.

Oh look, approval from Joe... you must be very proud drummin :lol: :lol:

IMO Williams and Gudjonnsson is definately our best centre midfield partnership and one that can develop for many years. I would like to see Nalis as well playing in a three but MA is very much a 4-4-2 man so I think Lil will be a great player to have on the bench to keep the two on their toes.

I just hope that Micky gives these two a run of games together because I do think he has been a little to eager to swap round the midfielders and IMO Gaz and Joey are probably our most balanced partnership but they must be given time.

I agree 100% there KTF, Gudjohnsson and Williams should be given a solid run. I'm still waiting for Williams to properly arrive mind....

alex said:
I agree 100% there KTF, Gudjohnsson and Williams should be given a solid run. I'm still waiting for Williams to properly arrive mind....

To be fair to Williams our pattern of play hasnt exactly allowed to get his foot on the ball and influence. Given time he will prove to be an excellent signing.

alex said:

I'd love to see 10 in the middle, six at the back, six up front - and a team of builders bricking up our goal. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566