Joey leaves Burnley..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we want a player who couldn't even get in Burnley's first team when they also finished 5th in the Championship last year?

A decent Championship player who stood out in an atrocious side, we should be setting our sights higher.

Last edited:
I think he was over-rated by Leicester fans, nowhere near good enough for our current team.

I totally agree.

From what I remember he was considered a pretty average player for us until he scored that wonder goal against Hull and he was then regarded as some sort of hero from then on.

Like I said, average Championship player. Andy King is far his superior imo.

he'd be cheap...

I totally agree.

From what I remember he was considered a pretty average player for us until he scored that wonder goal against Hull and he was then regarded as some sort of hero from then on.

Like I said, average Championship player. Andy King is far his superior imo.

much like Nalis then.

Ha. It's funny really. If we were to stay down then I suppose theres half a chance of us seriously looking at him, I mean since leaving us he HAS had Premier League and European match experience (though how much he has played I don't know, I suspect very little of both). If we do go up, however, it'd be an unfortunate purchase for both player and club. I'm not a blue mongie or anything, but I did like Joey when he was here, I thought he did a superb job the majority of the time, his halfway line goal was clearly a well calculated fluke though. In bringing him back we'd be doing the same as we did with Steve Guppy, sullying the name of a player who is deserving of a little more. Hopefully he'll be layed to rest with his halfway line goal/solo England cap. (NOTE :- I'm not comparing and England cap with Joeys goal, I just struggled to find a decent comparison for Gudjohnsson and another Leicester player)

No chance, nowhere near good enough. Stood out in a piss poor team and only got an extended run in the team because of Weso's injury problems, Williams lazy attitude and Stephen Hughes lack of physical strength.

Gudjohnsen IMO lacked positional awareness, was rash in possession and often reckless in his tackling. He was committed and whole hearted and that is what won him admiration, especially when the team as a whole lacked quality, determination and guts.

Never go back, we have moved on and the quality of King, Wellens, Spearing and Oakley means Joey would and should never get near the first team.

I like Joey because like Hume, he cared and gave his all but they are limited, that shows in the fact that neither are at bigger clubs, Joey hasn't had a sniff at Burnley and at a time when they are getting hammered week in and week out. We have progressed beyond these players and I don't see Joey as the type of player that Pearson would go for.

The fact that Joey is remembered so fondly by City fans says much more about the shit team we had back than and a lot less about his actual ability. Is he better than Oakley - maybe. Is he better than King and Wellens and Spearing - absolutely not.

LF for President.

Anyone ready to apologise for their anti-King views yet? If so, a few of us will also be collecting for our personal charity "Smugglypants".

Quality player, a real asset.

LF for President.

Anyone ready to apologise for their anti-King views yet? If so, a few of us will also be collecting for our personal charity "Smugglypants".

Quality player, a real asset.

:039:

I admit I didn't think he was worth a place when he came into the side in September and thought he disrupted a good start to the season. However in the second half of the season I beleive he has grown as a player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670