Joey leaving soon?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
webmaster said:
That report doesn't say when he's leaving - hopefully he's doing a deal now (which he's allowed to do), to move there at the end of his contract in the summer, rather than going during the transfer window. If he does go now I'd expect some kind of fee for him.

why would you rather we got no money at all?

Last edited:
Let him go, Hughes is awesome in that role...Get cashola, buy a left-back and get in a great loanee too....

Joe_Fox said:
why would you rather we got no money at all?

If he left us now the fee would be pretty small, unless the club buying him is desperate.

Given the choice between a nominal fee to lose him now, or to keep him until the end of the season, I'd keep him until the end of the season.

webmaster said:
If he left us now the fee would be pretty small, unless the club buying him is desperate.

Given the choice between a nominal fee to lose him now, or to keep him until the end of the season, I'd keep him until the end of the season.
bt maybe that nominal fee could make the difference in getting someone in on loan as could help contribute towards wages?

webmaster said:

I see, but we need to know how much they are willing to pay first don't we. If it's £200,000 and we don't sell now then we are basically paying £50,000 a month for his services.

webmaster said:

It could be small but if more than 1 club are interested then a bidding war could ensue.

How much do you reckon we would get for him now realistically?

He may decide to extend his contract with us (assuming he wants to) but is now free to talk to others anyway (and sign a pre-contract agreement).

I feel he has been better when employed as an attacking midfielder paired with Kis-knob-end. When he has played with Hughes and/or Williams he has been a lot less effective (i.e. Norwich and Spurs). If Levein is likely to play either Hughes or Williams (or both) I don't think we will miss him that much.

I do think we should try to keep him on if he wants to stay though.

The Voice From Above said:
It could be small but if more than 1 club are interested then a bidding war could ensue.

Doesn't matter how much someone offers, if Joey has already decided which club he wants to play for an offer from another club will be irrelevant.

I think if he went now we'd be doing very well if we got six figures for him - but it all depends on the other club's situation. If they think he's going to make the difference to their season he may be worth more to them.

It's similar to the situation we had last season with Maybury and de Vries coming in, we got them in January for next to nothing because they'd have been able to move for nothing at the end of the season.

Last edited:
what happens if he goes and Williams goes Man City? We're left with Hughes and Kisnorbo, hughes has been good in one game since injury, he may be shite against Wednesday and Kisnorbo is just shite. The only other centreal mid I can think of is Wesolowski, who has only been seen in one game(?) outside the academy and reserves. Surely, unless CL had plans to bring in a few more he wouldn't get rid of both?

beighton155 said:
what happens if he goes and Williams goes Man City? We're left with Hughes and Kisnorbo, hughes has been good in one game since injury, he may be shite against Wednesday and Kisnorbo is just shite. The only other centreal mid I can think of is Wesolowski, who has only been seen in one game(?) outside the academy and reserves. Surely, unless CL had plans to bring in a few more he wouldn't get rid of both?

Williams would command more of a figure, Hughes is NOT shit, Weslowski is great, Kismybum is ok and I'm sure we would get one in...

Me seems, however, a very well player for AZ I has no idea, there will recover nice in the rondte. Doesn't hear this in the Transfergeruchten or gets each name which is launched by football area its own topic? Be possible broertje its (is correct that?) of Chelsea not also come along? Why open you for this topic whereas there in transfergeruchten extended can be spoken concerning these players? These go on lock. Even reflecting bitte. On two different spots discuss no sense has.
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr duno!

alex said:
Williams would command more of a figure, Hughes is NOT shit, Weslowski is great, Kismybum is ok and I'm sure we would get one in...

Ok saying Hughes might me shit is, going on his current performace perhaps unfair, however he may end up being in and out of injury. We have never seen Wesolowski play a league match, how can we know he is great, Sylla looked decent on the first day of the season!

My point was more that if the current rumours came true we would be left with 3 midfielders who I am uncertain of.

I can only assume the Williams deal got shelved once it became clear that Joey wasn't going to sign up.

DurhamFox said:
I can only assume the Williams deal got shelved once it became clear that Joey wasn't going to sign up.
if both play to there full potential then i still feel williams is a better attacking player then joey-however i feel joey is a better all round midfielder, so i would prefer it if we keep both.:)

We must try and keep Joey, our best player this year by a mile!!..would be a massive loss
Weso, I believe is a more defensive midfielder (and unproven) so therefore not a direct replacement
If he does go we will need a replacement to bump up the numbers to cover injuries/suspensions.
We cant afford any gambles in our position.

drummindefender said:
if both play to there full potential then i still feel williams is a better attacking player then joey-however i feel joey is a better all round midfielder, so i would prefer it if we keep both.:)

i really like the look of williams, joey, and hughes in midfield against spurs. they've not played together much, yet strung some good passes around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669