Joey to Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

According to skysports Joey is going to Burnley. :icon_eek: ;)

Burnley are set to beef up their midfield options by swooping for AZ Alkmaar's Joey Gudjonsson.

The Icelander has been informed he can move on from AZ in January, having failed to settle following his summer move from Leicester.

Burnley were alerted to his availability and are reported to have agreed a €400,000 (£260,000) deal with AZ.

Dutch media reports suggest the 26-year-old has made his way over to the North West of England to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical.

Burnley have slipped off the pace in recent weeks, but Gudjonsson has solid Championship experience to call on and he could well add some steel to Steve Cotterill's side.

Another very good signing by Steve Cotterill, seems to be building a decent squad at Burnley, I think Joey will do very well there and Cotterill is just the sort of manager that will get the very best out of him.

This worries me, WHF did we not make an attempt to get him back?

I like Joey.......But....... I think even if we were to make a move for him (which we may have done!!!) he'd choose some other team over us....There would certainly be competition in getting his signature!! And at the present time i doubt we have the funds/nouse to be auctioning for an old leicester player. Kelly has his plans in place i'm sure, and somehow Joey doesn't fit into them... TIME WILL TELL!!!!(besides if he loves us enough he'll choose us over the BURNEY BA*TARDS)

just an average Championship level midfielder, bar his wonder goal never saw anything to explain just why so many people on here think he's somehow special

just an average Championship level midfielder, bar his wonder goal never saw anything to explain just why so many people on here think he's somehow special

I disagree - he was always pretty good with ranged efforts, half decent at set pieces, good passing range.. good penalty taker.. whoever gets him will be getting a decent player for this level.

I like Joey.......But....... I think even if we were to make a move for him (which we may have done!!!) he'd choose some other team over us....There would certainly be competition in getting his signature!! And at the present time i doubt we have the funds/nouse to be auctioning for an old leicester player. Kelly has his plans in place i'm sure, and somehow Joey doesn't fit into them... TIME WILL TELL!!!!(besides if he loves us enough he'll choose us over the BURNEY BA*TARDS)
RK does not like foreign players, he has to play some because there is either no one else or contracts dictate it. Has he signed any body foreign?

No better than what we have already - would have been a complete waste of money

No better than what we have already - would have been a complete waste of money

With you there Homer - we need Weso to be getting more games under his belt, and Joey would have stopped that, both being similar players.

We've got enough Joeys, don't need another one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670