John Gregory

Status
Not open for further replies.

worcesterfox

Before i start i must point out that i am not a major fan of John Gregory and in the past i have really not liked the guy, however.....

If you look at his past this way:

Leicester - He was assistant to Brian Little and together they did not do a bad job although when they left it did leave a bad feeling.

Aston Villa - The bloke didn't actually do alot wrong. Bear in mind he had a tight fisted git called Ellis controlling him. He had alot of egos at that club and kept Villa consistantly mid table.

Derby - He did have a bad track record for purchases and it was Derby. But, he did take over derby when they were struggling the season we went down so i don't think it was his fault they went down. They did have a bad time in the first division but he had so many problems to deal with. Bankruptcy, idiots like Ravenelli not wanting to play and just collecting his pay packet and nonsense going on in the boardroom.

By no means do i want the guy to be our manager but i think the flak he is being giving by some city fans is abit unwarranted. My favourite is Cotterill but that aint gonna happen because we just wouldn't be able to pay compensation.

Leicester City will never employ John Gregory, so don't worry

Homer could you ever see David Speedie in a city shirt after the defeat in the 1992 play- off final against Blackburn. Never say never my friend.Although i hope your right.

Brauny Blue said:
Homer could you ever see David Speedie in a city shirt after the defeat in the 1992 play- off final against Blackburn. Never say never my friend.Although i hope your right.

I actually had a dream about Steve Agnew and David Speedie both playing for Leicester. Speedie scored a trademark classic and Agnew ran over and they had a "who's baldest" competition. I then woke up in a cold sweat - hidious stuff.

worcesterfox said:
Before i start i must point out that i am not a major fan of John Gregory and in the past i have really not liked the guy, however.....

Leicester - He was assistant to Brian Little and together they did not do a bad job although when they left it did leave a bad feeling.

Aston Villa - The bloke didn't actually do alot wrong. Bear in mind he had a tight fisted git called Ellis controlling him. He had alot of egos at that club and kept Villa consistantly mid table.

Derby - He did have a bad track record for purchases and it was Derby. But, he did take over derby when they were struggling the season we went down so i don't think it was his fault they went down. They did have a bad time in the first division but he had so many problems to deal with. Bankruptcy, idiots like Ravenelli not wanting to play and just collecting his pay packet and nonsense going on in the boardroom.

By no means do i want the guy to be our manager but i think the flak he is being giving by some city fans is abit unwarranted. My favourite is Cotterill but that aint gonna happen because we just wouldn't be able to pay compensation.

Tight fisted ellis? he gave him £6-£8 to buy ballaban, and shed loads to buy other usless players, he wasn't tight fisted just gregory couldn't spend it then once he realised he might as well of p*ssed the £6-£8 mill spent on ballaban up against a wall he asked for more, can you blame ellis for not giving it him?? i can't?

To be fair every manager will have made one or two dodgy signings, whilst Gregory does come across as a cross between Derek Trotter and a cockney spiv, I dont think he would be as bad as say keeping the two H's.

Although he is far far away from being my first choice.

Gregory didn't just make one or two dodgy signings, he made a few more, and for a lot of money, he would be a shite choice IMO

worcesterfox said:
I have really not liked the guy, however.....

left it did leave a bad feeling.

kept Villa consistantly mid table.

He did have a bad track record for purchases
They did have a bad time in the first division

Ravenelli not wanting to play

By no means do i want the guy to be our manager

A good manager would have been able to deal with those problems

Was there not some alligation of financial wrong doings linked to his transferes.

Any way. I think you mentioned enough reason why the fans are giving him stick.

We dont want him

GOING BACK TO THE AGNEW SPEEDIE BALDHEAD DREAM........WERE THEY BOTH COVERED IN BABY LOTION AND NAKED?.................................................................................I'LL GET MI COAT

Trying to be serious for a minute..how about Steve Clarke I think he would make a good manager.Where is he now though ? assistant at Chelsea or is it Newcastle? Anyway,I know he's not been a Manager but he's had plenty of expierience assisting some decent managers.Go on then shoot me down.....

woznotwos said:
.................................................................................I'LL GET MI COAT

Please. :roll:

080803-speedie_300_01.jpg

feck me...must have had an uphill paper round as a boy...
looks like goldmember..

smoke & a pancake David?

highland fox said:
What Steven? You would like to see Agnew and Speedie naked?? :?

Given some of the recent quality of woznotwos' postings I was encouraging him to leave the forum on a short corrective break. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669