Confirmed Transfer Jordan Ayew

londonfox

The new recruit arrives from Crystal Palace on a two-year deal having spent six years with the south London outfit and feels ready to take on a fresh challenge, adding a wealth of experience from his time in the Premier League and Ligue 1, as well as internationally for Ghana.

“I’m very happy and really pleased to be here, I’m proud,” the 32-year-old stated in his first interview at LCFC. “It happened quickly but the most important thing for me is that I’m here and ready to start.

“In life, you always need a change and new energy. I took the decision to come to Leicester because I think it’s a big club, first of all. I want to thank the Club, the Manager, the CEO, the Chairman, everyone, because they fought hard to bring me to this Football Club.

“I think it’s a big opportunity for me to show what I can do. I want to show that I can help everyone and add my little experience and quality to make the team better - hopefully it will work.”

Well, this happened.

That's as much as I'm prepared to say about it until I've seen him play in five or six games.

Honestly my reaction to this signing is Ayew kidding me?!

Not impressed. He's not the goalscorer we need, his record isn't strong. There's something about it that makes me think as a squad option though he could be okay. So the only thing stopping me more frustrated by this signing is the talk that we're looking to bring in another 2 attacking players.... Then I can maybe see how he works as an option.

He’s a spoiler, watch how he plays. He breaks up opposition attacks and possession.

I get that. But we need someone to score the goals.

My worry is where does he fit?
I reckon Cooper ball is going to consist of a 4 man attack. Buonanotte played alongside Vardy at many points against Spurs making it a 4 of BDR, Vards, BNotte, Fatawu.

With the options of Skipp, Winks, Hamza, Ndidi, Soumare in the two holding roles, it means he needs a depth of Wingers/Attackers to cover the top 4.

So far in addition to the starting 4 last Monday, we have Mcateer, Mavididi, Cannon and Daka. I get the impression that any of those 4 can potentially play in that attack.

I think Ayew could replace any of those and add important energy, experience and an occasional ballon dor goal this season. Hes not the future but i think he adds sensible depth.

The problem comes when we have to track back and defend. I would think Ayew might even be one of our better options at supporting the fullbacks when needed.

Add a couple more attackers (preferably goalscorers) and I don’t mind how we look this season.

I reckon Cooper ball is going to consist of a 4 man attack. Buonanotte played alongside Vardy at many points against Spurs making it a 4 of BDR, Vards, BNotte, Fatawu.

With the options of Skipp, Winks, Hamza, Ndidi, Soumare in the two holding roles, it means he needs a depth of Wingers/Attackers to cover the top 4.

So far in addition to the starting 4 last Monday, we have Mcateer, Mavididi, Cannon and Daka. I get the impression that any of those 4 can potentially play in that attack.

I think Ayew could replace any of those and add important energy, experience and an occasional ballon dor goal this season. Hes not the future but i think he adds sensible depth.

The problem comes when we have to track back and defend. I would think Ayew might even be one of our better options at supporting the fullbacks when needed.

Add a couple more attackers (preferably goalscorers) and I don’t mind how we look this season.
More or less. Lets face it, what are the chances of us finding a goalscorer that a) we can afford b) would want to come here ?

Proven PL goalscorers are the most vauable commodity in the game & there are very few of them. None that we can realistically sign. Any out & out striker we bring in would have to be a failure at another club that Cooper thinks can offer us something, a punt on a championship player or an under the radar foreigner.

We'll be looking to have a threat from midfield, wide & from set pieces. Thats where we are. Some nasty big lump to hold the ball up & play others in would be the probable way to go. Preferably two so we can rotate them, or throw the other one on late in games when we neeed something. Nothing about this season is going to be pretty. We need to bite down hard & brace for the pain.

More or less. Lets face it, what are the chances of us finding a goalscorer that a) we can afford b) would want to come here ?

Proven PL goalscorers are the most vauable commodity in the game & there are very few of them. None that we can realistically sign. Any out & out striker we bring in would have to be a failure at another club that Cooper thinks can offer us something, a punt on a championship player or an under the radar foreigner.

We'll be looking to have a threat from midfield, wide & from set pieces. Thats where we are. Some nasty big lump to hold the ball up & play others in would be the probable way to go. Preferably two so we can rotate them, or throw the other one on late in games when we neeed something. Nothing about this season is going to be pretty. We need to bite down hard & brace for the pain.

Which is why someone like Szmodics would’ve been perfect and ideal in case we go down. But shoulda woulda coulda.

Well you can see today that hes gonna add something to the team that we didnt really have before with those target man sort of characteristics.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  39
2Liverpool39
3Brighton37
4Arsenal37
5Newcastle37
6Brentford36
7Aston Villa36
8Bournemouth35
9Nottm F35
10Tottenham 34
11Chelsea34