Jordan Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_Unwin

Has been criticised heavily this season, and rightly so cos he's been dire at times, but in recent weeks has definately improved and i thought he had a quality game last night. Those of you that gave him a 6 or 5 rating must of been watching a different game. His defending was excellent, he got forward well, and showed us a bit of skill too. One little flick he did was sublime. Just needs to work on his ball into the box. Keep it up though Jordan!

I'm sitting on the fence for this one.

A confidence player IMO,always have him in the squad either from the start or on the bench.He did defend well last night,not too sure of his best position though.

Better but I would be stretching for a 6.5. More room for improvement.

Less mistakes & silly throwins more of them tricks please!

He doesn't want to get too tricksey though, look what happened to Smegal.

I thought he played pretty well, made a few key tackles, particularly in the second half. I dont think you could play Tiatto left back because he is too indisciplined to stay in one position (even though he is probably our best player, he needs to have the freedom to chase and harry everywhere, like savage used to).

Definitely worth a run in the team because with Wilcox out we dont have much choice! Last time we were in the "championship" stewart was one of our best players so lets give him a fair old chance!

Gotta agree Chris, I thought Jordan was outstanding and deserves more credit than he is getting for his performance last night. He was just full of confidence, and he is just a confidence player. More of the same and I'd be delighted to see him fill that left wing spot.

Chris_Unwin said:
Has been criticised heavily this season, and rightly so cos he's been dire at times, but in recent weeks has definately improved and i thought he had a quality game last night. Those of you that gave him a 6 or 5 rating must of been watching a different game. His defending was excellent, he got forward well, and showed us a bit of skill too. One little flick he did was sublime. Just needs to work on his ball into the box. Keep it up though Jordan!

Stewart's got potential. Needs sustained crossing practice. Early crosses, crosses on the run, low crosses, flighted crosses. So much of his best work is wasted by a bad final delivery. Coaches are paid to put such things right.

sheffield_fox said:
Gotta agree Chris, I thought Jordan was outstanding and deserves more credit than he is getting for his performance last night. He was just full of confidence, and he is just a confidence player. More of the same and I'd be delighted to see him fill that left wing spot.

I wouldn't say he was outstanding but he is improving, he still won't take players on, he always cuts back, he used to run to the byline all the time taking 2 or 3 players on, on the way. I still think his confidence hasn't come back since we played Barcalona when he was made to look a right twat by there defender who took the ball of him everytime, since then he's bottled taking people on....Let's just hope he carries on improving to how he was

Indeed, after Nalis' goal he made a absolute howler of a misjudgemental error and nearly let them in for a cheap equaliser. He jumped about 5 minutes before the ball got near him. Terrible. Moan moan moan.

lazzer said:
i just wish sometimes he would head a ball :roll:

Collection times lads - towards a big bucket of aspirin for Stewart. He's going to need em if he starts heading the ball with all the ground passes we're playing. :lol:

lazzer said:
erm defending when they have the ball tony :roll: :roll:

Sorry, still feeling a bit flippant after our wonderful win. Put the aspirin away... If it's only when the opposition have the ball then if they carry on as Monday he won't need to head anything at all. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe_Fox said:
Indeed, after Nalis' goal he made a absolute howler of a misjudgemental error and nearly let them in for a cheap equaliser. He jumped about 5 minutes before the ball got near him. Terrible. Moan moan moan.

Is that last bit you or the picture?

Jordan Srewart

Is Tony Elsby the former manager of Hinckley Athletic[/b]

Re: Jordan Srewart

deecee said:
Is Tony Elsby the former manager of Hinckley Athletic[/b]

Bloody hell you've got a long memory. Loved the place but got such a long and totally unfair ban because of a signing-on form technicality that I had to move and play incognito in the United Counties League for Bourne Town. Not easy as no9/10/11 to deliberately miss all the team photos! Pity really cos I think I was the first manager in years at Hinckley not to be sacked - as well as the youngest. Anyway, what a wonderful adventure they're on now as recently formed Hinckley United. Would Deecee be Dave Callow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669