June internationals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pleased for JJ but also kind of glad Maddison, Barnes etc didn't get called up, a decent break is what's needed if we're going to have a good season.
Plus the world Cup is going to mess up next season and a winter break for some players will be a welcome break.
Be interesting to see what clubs do well if their players don't get called up.

I mean calling Barnes up would have been a bad message to him IMO. He's been nowhere near consistent enough to warrant it.

Maddison should be going, simple as that.

Luckily I don't really care as football generally is boring the shit out of me atm never mind this pointless garbage.

I mean, I think he's done a pretty good job and. handled the role with some dignity during a pretty difficult spell.

He's a few blindspots, including Maddison, but not sold on the vitriol.
I think he has been incredibly fortunate with the draws in international competitions but the old adage you only play what is in front of you stands I guess. The bottom line so far is when the crunch games come he fails tactically Just look at Croatia in the World Cup and Italy in the Euros, the decision to select players to take pens over ones who do it week in week out for their clubs and in front of thousands of fans was mystifying IMO.

That said he has done a lot better than the previous two incumbents for example Wroy Hodgson leaving out Drinkwater and Noble when they were in the form of there lives showed what a weak manager he was, the decision to leave Vardy on the bench for that tournament proved he was a bell end and was scared of the press and there reaction.

Maddison should be disappointed but England's loss is our gain, hopefully he has a good summer and comes back raring to go, it will feel really odd with no World Cup in the summer,

FIFA are money grabbing corrupt wankers!

Christ. I'd forgotten about this pointless crap.

**** off with the football already. I've had enough.
Half of the England matches are behind closed doors, they could just play them without tv coverage as well.

From lcfc.com

Player(s)FixtureDate & time
Danny WardPoland vs. Wales1 June, 5pm
Daniel AmarteyGhana vs. Madagascar1 June, 8pm
Thanawat SuengchitthawonThailand U23s vs. Vietnam U23s2 June, 4pm
Jonny EvansNorthern Ireland vs. Greece2 June, 7:45pm
Wesley FofanaFrance U21s vs. Serbia U21s2 June, 7:45pm
Luke ThomasCzech Republic U21s vs. England U21s3 June, 5pm
Kasper Schmeichel, Jannik Vestergaard, Daniel IversenFrance vs. Denmark3 June, 7:45pm
Youri Tielemans, Timothy Castagne, Dennis PraetBelgium vs. Netherlands3 June, 7:45pm
Patson DakaIvory Coast vs. Zambia3 June, 8pm
James JustinHungary vs. England4 June, 5pm
Çağlar SöyüncüTurkey vs. Faroe Islands 4 June, 7:45pm
Papy MendySenegal vs. Benin4 June, 8pm
Daniel AmarteyCentral Africa Republic vs. Ghana5 June, 2pm
Thanawat SuengchitthawonThailand U23s vs. Malaysia U23s5 June, 4pm
Danny WardWales vs. TBC5 June, 5pm
Jonny EvansCyprus vs. Northern Ireland 5 June, 5pm
Wesley FofanaArmenia U21s vs. France U21s6 June, 5:30pm
Kasper Schmeichel, Jannik Vestergaard, Daniel IversenAustria vs. Denmark6 June, 7:45pm
Patson DakaZambia vs. Comoros7 June, 2pm
Sammy Braybrooke, Kian Pennant, Ben NelsonEngland U18s vs. Austria U18s7 June, 3pm
Chris PopovWales U18s vs. Croatia U18s7 June, 3pm
James JustinGermany vs. England7 June, 7:45pm
Çağlar SöyüncüLithuania vs. Turkey7 June, 7:45pm
Luke ThomasEngland U21s vs. Albania U21s7 June, 7:45pm
Papy Mendy Rwanda vs. Senegal7 June, 8pm
Thanawat SuengchitthawonThailand U23s vs. South Korea U23s8 June, 2pm
Youri Tielemans, Timothy Castagne, Dennis PraetBelgium vs. Poland8 June, 7:45pm
Danny WardWales vs. Netherlands8 June, 7:45pm
Wesley FofanaUkraine U21s vs. France U21s9 June, 5:45pm
Jonny EvansKosovo vs. Northern Ireland9 June, 7:45pm
Daniel Amartey Japan vs. Ghana10 June, 10:55am
Sammy Braybrooke, Kian Pennant, Ben NelsonEngland U18s vs. Wales U18s10 June, 3pm
Chris PopovEngland U18s vs. Wales U18s10 June, 3pm
Luke ThomasKosovo U21s vs. England U21s10 June, 7pm
Kasper Schmeichel, Jannik Vestergaard, Daniel IversenDenmark vs. Croatia10 June, 7:45pm
James Justin England vs. Italy11 June, 7:45pm
Youri Tielemans, Timothy Castagne, Dennis PraetWales vs. Belgium11 June, 7:45pm
Danny WardWales vs. Belgium11 June, 7:45pm
Çağlar SöyüncüLuxembourg vs. Turkey 11 June, 7:45pm
Jonny EvansNorthern Ireland vs. Cyprus 12 June, 2pm
Sammy Braybrooke, Kian Pennant, Ben NelsonEngland U18s vs. Croatia U18s13 June, 3pm
Chris PopovWales U18s vs. Austria U18s13 June, 3pm
Kasper Schmeichel, Jannik Vestergaard, Daniel IversenDenmark vs. Austria13 June, 7:45pm
Luke ThomasEngland U21s vs. Slovenia U21s13 June, 7:45pm
Daniel AmarteyGhana vs. TBC14 June, 10:15am or 1:55pm
James JustinEngland vs. Hungary14 June, 7:45pm
Youri Tielemans, Timothy Castagne, Dennis PraetPoland vs. Belgium14 June, 7:45pm
Çağlar SöyüncüTurkey vs. Lithuania14 June, 7:45pm
Danny WardNetherlands vs. Wales14 June, 7:45pm

What a ridiculous schedule.

Two years of constant football due to Covid and next season extended with an idiotic World Cup.

And still they have to play more.

Two years of constant football due to Covid and next season extended with an idiotic World Cup.

It is madness but most of those players have not played all that much over the last season for various reasons

Totally agree. It's absolute bullshit, especially this ****ing WC in the bloodied, fish smelling anal polyp of torture that is Qatar.

**** International football with Piers Morgan's razorblade covered dick.

Poland vs Wales:

It seems that one of our Number 1 keepers, Danny Ward, made a tremendous save to deny a goal for Robert Lewandowski. Ward was taken off at half-time (0-0), and Wales have since conceeded two goals.

Watched the Finalissima instead. Italy were embarrassingly shite. Like carlisle united vs man city in an early round of the fa cup shite. Completely overrun in midfield and toyed with for most of the match. Just makes the geography teacher's capitulation to them in July even more annoying.

I have the great pleasure of watching France vs Denmark. At least, I am able to focus on Vestergaard, who has the physical attributes of a giraffe. Unfortunately, he also has the footballing brain of one.

Last night, I watched the French Under-21s and was able to focus on Fofana. What a class act. Had he not been injured for most of the season, I am certain that he would have been in the French squad for these internationals and the World Cup.

Just as a by-the-way, why the feck are players who have already played more than 50 games this season being forced to play in these meaningless Internationals? Is it that UEFA needs more money to organise the Champion's League Final better.

Vestergaard subbed after 60 minutes. Can we re-claim the salary of the dick-head who decided to pay 15m for him

I had forgotten the sheer pleasure of watching the Duracell Bunny running all over the pitch, re-claiming the ball and never making the simple pass backwards, always moving the ball forward with a precision pass. What a player!!!!!!!!!!

I had forgotten the sheer pleasure of watching the Duracell Bunny running all over the pitch, re-claiming the ball and never making the simple pass backwards, always moving the ball forward with a precision pass. What a player!!!!!!!!!!
Kante?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670