Juninho V Beckham in Oz

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxin_oz

At present I'm watching the "friendly" between Sydney FC and LA Galaxy. Beckham is playing okay, but Juninho has been outstanding so far. He's already set up two goals, one for Sydney striker Alex Brosque and another for Rueben Zadkovich. Brosque has been lively and has scored twice. Thirty minutes into the match and it's 3-0 to Sydney FC. :icon_wink

Just before halftime now and David Beckham just struck a wonder goal from a free kick. Much to manager Ruud Gullitt's relief no doubt. It's halftime 3-1 to Sydney FC. Entertaining first half and I hope there's more goals to come. Not a bad crowd either for a Tuesday night in Sydney, 80,000. :icon_conf

Forty nine minutes into the match and LA Galaxy have scored through Buddle to make it 3-2 to Sydney FC. The match is being played at a scorching pace at times and Beckham has been responsible for some quality balls from midfield which have split the FC defence. Juninho has also played some great diagonal balls through to the forwards which has caused LA Galaxy's defence plenty of problems.

Alex Brosque has just unselfishly given Middleby the ball when he was through on goal and the score is now 4-2 to Sydney FC.

Is Jordan Stewart playing?

Not yet. Maybe after Watford get promoted. Posh didn't make the trip out here either. Much to the Oz media's disappointment. We had to sit through a one hour interview with Becks before the game came on. :icon_conf

Kevin Harmse from LA Galaxy has been sent off for running his studs across the arm of a young Sydney sub Biddle. It was also Harmse who was responsible for an ugly challenge on Juninho earlier in the first half. I'm surprised the young Aussie guy never went too cos he got up and knocked Harmse over. Eighty minutes gone and it's still 4-2 to Sydney FC.

It's now 5-2 to Sydney FC courtesy of a good cross and poor goalkeeping leading to a tap in goal by Ian Fyfe of Sydney FC. And just as I finished typing the last sentence Landon Donovan has scored to make it 5-3. Game is over and plenty of goals for the 80,000 strong crowd. This match has proven to me that Aussie footballers can match it with the best of them. On the whole an enjoyable game, non-stop action. :038:

It's now 5-2 to Sydney FC courtesy of a good cross and poor goalkeeping leading to a tap in goal by Ian Fyfe of Sydney FC. And just as I finished typing the last sentence Landon Donovan has scored to make it 5-3. Game is over and plenty of goals for the 80,000 strong crowd. This match has proven to me that Aussie footballers can match it with the best of them. On the whole an enjoyable game, non-stop action. :038:

Why because they just beat a team who finished mid-table in MLS?

Kevin Harmse from LA Galaxy has been sent off for running his studs across the arm of a young Sydney sub Biddle. It was also Harmse who was responsible for an ugly challenge on Juninho earlier in the first half. I'm surprised the young Aussie guy never went too cos he got up and knocked Harmse over. Eighty minutes gone and it's still 4-2 to Sydney FC.

Harmse is Canadian. :icon_conf

Why because they just beat a team who finished mid-table in MLS?

No because Sydney FC played about six or seven of their juniors and still made Galaxy look ordinary at times.

The Vancouver Whitecaps tied the same Galaxy team (for the most part) 0-0 a few weeks back and the Whitecaps are a 2nd tier team in North America. The Galaxy struggled most of the MLS season, with the exception of a late run in which they almost made the playoffs.

I've always said that about Sydney Sub-Biddle, he's just a clumsy fcuker.

It was interesting to note that Biddle was playing for Sydney FC and Buddle was on the field for Galaxy. Commentator's nightmare I would've thought. Especially when you throw in Santalab and Zadkovich. :icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669