just like last season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it maybe time for a change!? Sack the management team I say. They've had their chance and failed!!

Its weird how I actually find leicester boring at the minute. You know the story though, thats the problem. We concede stupid goals, have little possession and then for a real kick in the bollocks, we concede a late goal. Its sounds exciting but when it happens over and over again it becomes boring.

Alright im in post match misery and am feeling glum but surely we can do better than this. Aghh.....I'm off to wreak havoc...

This proves the need for a new broom to come in, under Bassett it is almost like Micky is still here too much familiarity and still the same regime. We need a change from top to bottom, with new ideas, tactics and philosphy.

Someone who can instill a winning mentality. At present the team, supporters and opposition are expecting us to gift them a late equaliser / winner with a comedy error at the back. Tonight proves it, we get away with Pressmans blunder, but then Heath makes sure with a bullet header even the pundits were marvelling at the quality of the finish.

Its not funny anymore...too many horrific goals conceded for my liking.

your not wrong,as soon as it was 2-1,you knew they would try and sit back on it. why did they not try and kill the game off,as they are not solid or confident enough to hold on to leads.

Keep the Faith said:
This proves the need for a new broom to come in, under Bassett it is almost like Micky is still here too much familiarity and still the same regime. We need a change from top to bottom, with new ideas, tactics and philosphy.

Someone who can instill a winning mentality. At present the team, supporters and opposition are expecting us to gift them a late equaliser / winner with a comedy error at the back. Tonight proves it, we get away with Pressmans blunder, but then Heath makes sure with a bullet header even the pundits were marvelling at the quality of the finish.

Its not funny anymore...too many horrific goals conceded for my liking.

What makes me sick is that City - both management and players - just don't learn.

As "professionals" they are mentally soft. They're looking for someone to give them something for nothing instead of playing positively for a full 90 minutes.

City's second half against Ipswich was diabolical. One worthwhile shot and the rest of the time they massed back in their own penalty area defending corners, free kicks the lot.

When opponents put more men in attack we need to have width and pace to counter attack at speed...and push up.

Instead, what changed with City?. I'll tell you. Attitude. From "let's get at em" during a thrilling 25 minutes in the first half to "let's hang on" for the second. We're not good enough to hang on, not fast enough, not tidy enough, not skillful enough.

No, we didn't even play route one with a will once the second half started.
We lay back and let em batter us. Pathetic.

Doesn't anyone understand that if you've got a penalty box full of players for any period of time someone's going to make a mistake.

Anyway - the bottom line. Two points from a possible six. Another possible home victory squandered and, in my view, any chance of a top two spot gone because there's no way this team will pull back the deficit on teams like Ipswich.

What makes it worse is that we've just conceded four more points with two totally unnecessary and inexplicable own goals. How many points have we donated to the opposition this season. Is it a Pre-Christmas record?

As a managerial application it doesn't make good reading.

just like

Gutted. P*ssed off, and unfortunately very predictable.Spent most of the 2nd half with the old remote control flicking stations hoping to avoid sky sports Lou Macari's mug shot.Expected bad news from about 9:20 onwards, and as usual they didn't disapoint.
Followed city for more years than i dare admit, and i can't remember us ever being this unprofessional for such a long period of time.
Why do we keep doing it ? we have become a soft touch.Whatever happened to "foxes never quit".
Probaly the best 70 minute team in the league

It does seam to be a very difficult concept for these managers to understand. so ill shout it.

WHEN YOU AINT ATTACKING, THE OTHER TEAM ARE... AND THE TEAM THAT ATTACKS SCORES THE GOALS.

Is that to difficult for them to understand or should I send some diagrams to them.

step said:
It does seam to be a very difficult concept for these managers to understand. so ill shout it.

WHEN YOU AINT ATTACKING, THE OTHER TEAM ARE... AND THE TEAM THAT ATTACKS SCORES THE GOALS.

Is that to difficult for them to understand or should I send some diagrams to them.

its more than obvious by now that losing points in this way is not simply down to individual errors - I guess everyone knows its because we defend too deep, lack players with the confidence to hold the ball and the outcome is that by some means - freak or otherwise -we'll concede goals.

Now .... whilst it was painfully obvious that this pathetic board would appoint Bassett for as long as they could get away with it - its still wrong - and now compounded by digging up Wilko- and its a policy that's not worthy of the stewardship role which this board is supposed to hold.

These policies are writing off this season - its a fact now that the points system means that drawn games are not much use - and home draws are more or less defeats in points gathering terms.

The club will simply continue to under-achieve - relative to its size and playing resources -until someone with some energy and tactical nous comes in. As i have said many times since MON left this club has no effective leadership at any level.

Re: just like

Brauny Blue said:
we have become a soft touch.Whatever happened to "foxes never quit".
players seemed to care about our club before, that's gone too..

Terrefic performance considering the shite that has come before it, just very unfortunate yet again. Looked unreconisable to the team that played Watford/Brighton etc.

As DB says, if we play like that we will win far more games than we lose.

Are you not going to give them any credit for that performance?

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
Terrefic performance considering the shite that has come before it, just very unfortunate yet again. Looked unreconisable to the team that played Watford/Brighton etc.

As DB says, if we play like that we will win far more games than we lose.

Are you not going to give them any credit for that performance?

Unfortunately -you are unlikely to be right.

DB's track record in recent years is abysmal.

Everyone knows that.

Despite the depressing predictability of the way the game turned out, there were some positives to be taken from last night's performance. Not all rosy of course but my observations good and not so good would be

- if Dublin plays (and I think he should) it should only be at the back. I have yet to see him play well as part of the forward line, he's past it for CF however makes a good partnership with Keown at the back. Again last night he didnt look interested, was beaten to balls he should have won, was outjumped for the hoofs up the pitch, by players smaller than him

- and if Jordan plays (and I think he should), it can't be in the back line. He needs to be getting forward, he doesnt seem interested in tackling and is far better used going forward, as an attacking mid-fielder

- Tractor boys passed the ball far far better than we did HOWEVER we created far far more genuine chances. If it wasnt for their keeper making many excellent saves we could have won by several clear goals. I thought we played ok ,,, in parts. WTF was going on for the first 15-20 mins though? Seemed like some of the players were finishing their afternoon naps. Jordan especially. :roll:

Bassett / Wilko need to focus on what was working well in the roughly 50% of the game where we attacked and created chance after chance. Nalis, Scowcroft, Connolly, Tiatto and Jordan (going forward) were key here I thought. And make clear that the other part of the Jekyll & Hyde performance was unacceptable, and led to us throwing away the points, in a game where we created the best chances. Why oh why we even try and sit back after the last year or so of throwing away leads is beyond me.

2 pts out of possible 6 arent a great recommendation for appointing Bassett , Wilko long term - lets hope that was clear to the board also. The reaction to Tricky Trev coming on, whilst heartening, was a clear sign of how much we all want to hang onto any sort of passion / commitment / effective effort when it's on display. I reckon most of us would agree that we need more than that though to hang our hats on, to have a real chance of driving for a play-off position - coz automatic promotion has to be out of our reach based on the way we are playing.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670