Just Stop Oil

Just like 1970s colour telly.

All the reds looked orange. So did the yellow. Brown & black both looked black.

Well, I’ve never seen an orange ball on a smoker table before…first for everything I suppose.

Tarquin and Nigel sticking it to the man

Bunch of ****ing woke politically correct wankers.

Take ’em outside and give ‘em a good kicking
I'm all for a good protest. But some of this stuff does pretty much reek of some twat setting up an Instagram moment. Not really sure how sabotaging a snooker match brings any attention to their cause. Other than to make them look like irritating wankers & alienate people who might otherwise have been sympathetic.

I'm all for a good protest. But some of this stuff does pretty much reek of some twat setting up an Instagram moment. Not really sure how sabotaging a snooker match brings any attention to their cause. Other than to make them look like irritating wankers & alienate people who might otherwise have been sympathetic.
You're talking about it. Were you discussing Just Stop Oil at any point in the last 7 days?

Doesn't matter if you are talking about them negatively - it's still press.

There is no such thing as bad publicity they say.
There should be a lot of publicity about those mongs being given a good beating. They are pathetic school kids, needing a good beating.

You're talking about it. Were you discussing Just Stop Oil at any point in the last 7 days?

True. But I don't think it works like that anymore. Successful protest depends on convincing the "erm, not sure" floating voter types.

The entrenched opinions on both sides aren't going to be changed. Stuff like this just makes those middle of the road people less likely to be convinced I'd say.

Doesn't matter though. In 100 years time they'll all be hailed as visionary heroes no matter what the truth might be, simply through circumstances.

But we're not talking about Just Stop Oil; we're talking about twats interfering with sport.

In 100 years time they'll all be hailed as visionary heroes no matter what the truth might be, simply through circumstances.
You're presuming the human race has another hundred years left?

You're presuming the human race has another hundred years left?
I'm hardly a natural optimist. But then again, people have been predicting the end of civilisation for centuries & we're still here. The modern problem is that we now actually have the means to wipe ourselves out at a stroke.

So far so good, we've managed to avoid it for 70 years. It's my firm belief that if it turns out to be nuclear armageddon that wipes us out it'll be as the result of some ****ing stupid accident.

It definitely won't be climate change though. How thats going to play out is painfully & depressingly obvious.

Fossil fuels have roughly 130-150 years left before they're all gone for good & the arguments become irrelevant. So, regardless of climate change plans need to be made.

There are 2 paths.

Vast expenditure on research & development of alternatives plus setting up infrastructure for storage & distribution on a global scale. Requiring international co-operation to insure reciprocal arrangements between parts of the world with different resources.

OR

A series of escalating brutal wars over the next century to wring the last drops of profit from a dwindling supply. At the end of which the problem will still exist & everyone will suffer.

Like I said. Painfully & depressingly obvious which path we'll take.

Hopefully at the end of it all with only half the current global population left the human race will finally realise after 6000 years that the type of people we allow to be our leaders is a shit idea. Not much hope of that though. better to just **** off to the moon & mars & start over.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463