Keeper Wants to Leave City

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|65322614112007331141731

Nielsen wants out!

by Steve Pumfrey

Leicester City's forgotten goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen is looking for a way out of the Walkers Stadium.

Nielsen has held talks about his future with City and said today: “I have told them that I want to look for a new club.”

The 30-year-old Dane has failed to break into the first team since being signed on a two-year deal by former manager Martin Allen in June this year.

“The past few months have not been good,” admitted Nielsen. “It's not been fun because I came here to play first-team football, not for the reserves.

“I'm also at an age where I want to be playing regularly and I am happy Leicester have given me permission to look for a new club.

“These things will not happen straight away. I don't know what can be sorted out, but I will hope to move on during the January transfer window.

“I may try to look for another English club because I do like the country and have settled in Leicester. But, really, I'm open to everything.”

Nielsen, who was handed the No.1 shirt when he joined City from Aalborg, played in a handful of pre-season friendlies against lower league opposition, but has only made the bench for the opening Championship fixture against Blackpool.

And he believes his chances of breaking through have been further damaged by the arrival of Marton Fulop on a season-long loan from Premier League side Sunderland.

“Marton is a very good keeper and I don't think they need me, so I have made my case for leaving.

“They don't think I'm good enough but I do believe in myself and I think I still have a lot to offer.

“Leicester are a good club and have a good future but I have to look at my own situation now.”
Nielsen is among a number of signings by former boss Allen who have failed to make the breakthrough at the Walkers Stadium.

Iranian international Hossein Kaebi has featured in just 10 minutes of action as a substitute in the 4-1 win over Watford in August.

Kaebi, along with Nielsen and Portuguese midfielder Marco Ferreira, has seen more action with the reserves this season than with the first team.

Last edited:
Well done Nielsen. There are too many players who sit and take their wages without any chance of playing. Nobody can blame Nielsen for coming to the club and I wish him all the best, where ever he may go. :038::038::038:

Well done Nielsen. There are too many players who sit and take their wages without any chance of playing. Nobody can blame Nielsen for coming to the club and I wish him all the best, where ever he may go. :038::038::038:

precisely at least he wants to go rather than be booted out and still pick up his dough

This old new, I am sure the same story came out about 6-8 weeks ago :102:

What kind of numbnut can't find the way out of the stadium?

Granted, he hasn't been in it that often - but still...it's hardly a high level skill.

But what will happen when the new manager needs a Jimmy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669