Keith Alexander's funeral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff

I just got back from Keith's funeral. It was held in Lincoln Cathedral and the place was full.

There was a good turnout from the footballing world. I managed to have a word with Nigel Pearson and Jack Hobbs. Jack said the lads are well up for the run in, and NP 'fairly' upbeat also.

Other people included, Brooking, Moyes, Ince, Clough, Sir Les, Micky Adams and dozens of League managers from up and down the country.

Local TV were about, and NP gave an interview and should be on later tonight.

R.I.P Keith.

Had I not had a job interview today I'd have gone.

How did it go?

Very well, as funerals go.

Like i said the Cathedral was full, with people standing up at the back.

Lots of footie people past and present, along with a good turnout from the black community, actors and singers. Seemed like every other person was someone you would recognise.

The Macclesfield team and backroom staff were all there, as was Lincoln City past and present.

At Lincoln City's home match on Friday against Hereford, we watched a tribute to him before the game, which also coincided with the World Cup Trophy being paraded at the game by Martin Peters.

Any other TB seen the trophy :icon_wink

Very well, as funerals go.

Like i said the Cathedral was full, with people standing up at the back.

Lots of footie people past and present, along with a good turnout from the black community, actors and singers. Seemed like every other person was someone you would recognise.

The Macclesfield team and backroom staff were all there, as was Lincoln City past and present.

At Lincoln City's home match on Friday against Hereford, we watched a tribute to him before the game, which also coincided with the World Cup Trophy being paraded at the game by Martin Peters.

Any other TB seen the trophy :icon_wink

Looks like there was a good crowd then on Friday night.

I see Hobbs was at the funeral and it must have been Keith that gave Jack his league debut in 2005 against Bristol Rovers and in the process becoming the youngest ever player to play for Lincoln in the Football League.

Last edited:
Looks like there was a good crowd then on Friday night.

I see Hobbs was at the funeral and it must have been Keith that gave Jack his league debut in 2005 against Bristol Rovers and in the process becoming the youngest ever player to play for Lincoln in the Football League.

6012 Friday, which is nearly twice their usual crowd.

I'm not sure if Keith gave Hobbs his first league game, but Darren Huckerby and Taylor-Fletcher were there today and they played under him at Lincoln.

He was on Sky's weekend Football League preview show just four or so days before he snuffed it. He came across as a good bloke on the small piece they did about him. :)

It was, but I deducted twenty as compensation for you giving Fludie my f***ing phone number.

It was an accident. He stole it while I was driving. Luckily I'd kept my peanuts well hidden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669