Kelly wants to keep Tiatto!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

Now I know for some of you this may not be the smartest move Kelly would make, but I think what is more worrying is that he has to go cap in hand to the board to offer him a new contract, even on reduced terms. It would appear that if RK wants to bring in new faces he will have to ship out some old ones.

My shipping out list would start with Hamill and Sylla and maybe Maybury. Hammond I would keep as a backup striker but below O'Grady in the pecking order. Mark de Vries I am not sure about. If he has been playing like a donkey at his new club, then he can go as well. I do not know if he had personal issues with CL or RK. He is big and strong though, unlike the rest of our squad.

Get rid of Sylla - I enjoy watching mould form on a septic tub of marmalade than watching him 'play' football.

Wish we could ship Rab out.

Hi 1st time on here just got a few points to make,
Tiatto can go for me hes has been awful this season and is too injury prone, Sylla must go he is awful, De Vries is awful to but im not sure if anyone would want him or Sylla (Maybe Accrington Stanley), I think Hamill will go aswell.
Hopefully with the wages saved from this lot and Joey and Morris we can get in a left back, centre back, left midfielder, right midfielder, striker and a goalkeeper.

Teebag76 said:
Tiatto can go for me hes has been awful this season and is too injury prone, Sylla must go he is awful, De Vries is awful to but im not sure if anyone would want him or Sylla (Maybe Accrington Stanley), I think Hamill will go aswell.
Hopefully with the wages saved from this lot and Joey and Morris we can get in a left back, centre back, left midfielder, right midfielder, striker and a goalkeeper.

Welcome.

I'd like to see Tiatto stay, as I have stated several times before on this board. Hamill and Sylla can go. MDV I would like to keep, good back up IMO. I'd prefer to keep him than Elvis.

Teebag76 said:

Welcome....

Not sure we'll be able to get that load in though TBH.

Maybury has quality, but has been played out of position. I see him as a vital player to the team.

My cut list would include:

DeVries
Sylla
Douglas
Rab Douglas
Joe Hamill
Rufus Brevett (we shouldn't sign him)

and I'm also not sure about tiatto. I like that he rolls his sleeves up, but he makes really stupid decisions, gives away endless free kicks in dangerous areas. And on Saturday almost gave Plymouth their best chance at scoring!

What do you think Tiatto and De Vries give to us then?
I would rather see us get a proven target man in maybe someone like Geoff Horsfield I dont think we could afford him but he is just what we need, as far as Tiatto he cant pass the ball hes timing of tackles is poor and he never looks fit enough to last 90 mins

Oh, and I think we should keep Hendo, but we need a new No 1.

Hendo is good backup, but not the kind of keeper who fills me with massive confidence.

I think we could maybe get 5 or 6 new faces in on free transfers there are gonna be lots of decent players out of contract and we are still a big club and I think we could attract some decent players in.
And I agree keep Maybury he is a solid player

Teebag76 said:
I think we could maybe get 5 or 6 new faces in on free transfers there are gonna be lots of decent players out of contract and we are still a big club and I think we could attract some decent players in.
And I agree keep Maybury he is a solid player

We do need a good few in.

We need to replace Joey, Need a proper left back, another centre forward, a left winger, a right winger, a proper no. 1 goalkeeper.

The only area I don't think needs work is the centre of defence and the right back position.

Kelly has a tough task ahead of him!

Did Kelly not see Tiatto's awful backpass on Saturday then?

On the subject of Maybury, I thought he was much better playing back in the back four on Saturday. The arrangement of having him right wing benefits Stearman but it clearly doesn't benefit Maybes.

What do you think of targeting the following players (wages may be the stumbling block)
Kevin Campbell Free Transfer
Shaun Newton Free Transfer
Duncan Ferguson Free Transfer
Ben Thatcher Free Transfer
Gareth McAuley Free Transfer
Lee Clark Free Transfer
Andy Johnson WBA Free Transfer

Teebag76 said:
What do you think of targeting the following players (wages may be the stumbling block)
Lee Clark Free Transfer

I don't know how many of those players would be willing to come here, and wages might be a problem. I think it might be better for us to try to unearth some quality with a FEW old heads, rather than assembling a team of players in their twilight (a Micky Adams tactic)

I would love to have Muzzy back though!:icon_wink

I would like to see the following players shipped out:

Rab Douglas - keep Henderson as back up, and bring in New No1 like Jimmy Walker from West Ham.

Momo Sylla - We desperately need a new right winger. I still believe that we could move both Douglas and Sylla onto clubs back up North of the Border.

Mark De Vries - Another Dublin for me, the improvement in results, the type of football we play and the overall team spirit has been massive, he is expensive and brings little to the team IMO.

Joe Hamill - Send him back up to Scotland, clearly out of his depth.

Danny Tiatto - Injury prone and when he does play is ill disciplined, gives away needless free kicks, and is tactically and positionally naive.

Elvis Hammond - It is clear he does not fit into RK's plans, now is the time to get rid.

The main issue with moving these players on is that apart from Tiatto, they are all under contract and therefore we would have to negotiate a fee to cover loyalty bonuses etc, unless RK is hoping that some will submit transfer requests, thus losing such bonuses.

Whatever happens RK has one hell of a job on his hands, he is going to have to carry out some canny wheeling and dealing to be able to strengthen the squad in the areas required.

I know we criticised MA for the number of players on short term contracts, but we are now seeing the reverse effect, where we could be stuck with players such as Sylla, Hammond, Hamill and Douglas, who are clearly not the sort of players who will take us forward, but due to the length of contract it is difficult to move them on.

Teebag76 said:
Lee Clark Free Transfer

Looks like a Micky Adams list of targets, quite a few veterans on there.

I might be the only one, but I think Elvis could be the answer to the right wing position. He can not hit a cows arse with a banjo, but I really feel some of his build up play and runs this season (in a well below performing team) were as good as anybody.

Maybe Tiatto is being considered as Joey's Replacement in the centre?

On Paper i don't think this is too bad an idea, providing he can stay fit.

He will put himself about, and hopefully will be less prone to wander about starting in the middle. Also if he is still Captain it will help to have him in the middle. Many on here have noted a lack of leadership and this might go some way to helping with that.

But all of this depends on him staying on the pitch. (weso is more than capable of covering for suspensions IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00