Kelly wants to keep Tiatto!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teebag76 said:
I think we could maybe get 5 or 6 new faces in on free transfers there are gonna be lots of decent players out of contract and we are still a big club and I think we could attract some decent players in.
And I agree keep Maybury he is a solid player

There isn't the money to finance 5 or 6 players. Kelly said during his interview on LCFC World after the Plymouth game he was looking to bring in one or two players.

Some shipping out may already be included in those plans, but you need somebody wanting to take a player on, so it isn't certain those RK may not want will actually go.

While we don't know if Welsh will join or not, left wing has to be main priority as there is no one in the squad to fulfill role.

If money is tight it has to be questionable whether money is wisely spent on a striker to sit on the bench, surely Fryatt & Hume will be 1st choice. Would a better solution be to keep some money back & look at loans if either get a long term injury?

Naughty Fox said:
I might be the only one, but I think Elvis could be the answer to the right wing position. He can not hit a cows arse with a banjo, but I really feel some of his build up play and runs this season (in a well below performing team) were as good as anybody.

I saw Elvis make his debut for Fulham at Stamford Bridge as a teenager - he created mayhem charging through the middle, dragging Chelsea defenders all over the place. Man of the match. However, a couple of games on it became obvious he could repeat that till the cows came home (with or without banjo) but do FA when he got there. They tried him on the right and, yes, he tore past players almost at will (and usually remembered to take the ball with him), but when he reached the corner flag, same result. Crossed like he shot. Lovely bloke by all accounts, but he never developed his potential.

Last edited:
We should get rid of:
Mark de Vries
Momo Sylla
Danny Tiatto
Joe Hamill
Rufus Brevett
Elvis Hammond
Rab Douglas

I know this is a long list, but not one of them merits a place on the first team (with the possible exception of Douglas), and where we are playing (and paying) second-stringers I'd much rather we were bringing on youngsters like O'Grady, Wesolowski, Shehan, Logan, Porter, Chambers and so on. This would make for a considerable saving on wages, as well as give the kids a chance to develop.

In order, we need a right winger, a left winger, a left back, a central midfielder, a goalkeeper, if we get two new wingers, hopfully including Welsh from Sunderland I think we'd have a pretty strong, although addmittedly lacking in depth, team in:

------------------Henderson--------------

Stearman----McCarthy---Kisnorbo----Nissa

New Winger--Williams-----Weso------Welsh

---------------Fryatt----Hume------------

Subs from: Logan, Maybury, Gerrbrand, Sheehan, Hughes, Porter, O'Grady, Chambers

jb5000 said:
We should get rid of:
Mark de Vries
Momo Sylla
Danny Tiatto
Joe Hamill
Rufus Brevett
Elvis Hammond
Rab Douglas

I know this is a long list, but not one of them merits a place on the first team (with the possible exception of Douglas), and where we are playing (and paying) second-stringers I'd much rather we were bringing on youngsters like O'Grady, Wesolowski, Shehan, Logan, Porter, Chambers and so on. This would make for a considerable saving on wages, as well as give the kids a chance to develop.

In order, we need a right winger, a left winger, a left back, a central midfielder, a goalkeeper, if we get two new wingers, hopfully including Welsh from Sunderland I think we'd have a pretty strong, although addmittedly lacking in depth, team in:

------------------Henderson--------------

Stearman----McCarthy---Kisnorbo----Nissa

New Winger--Williams-----Weso------Welsh

---------------Fryatt----Hume------------

Subs from: Logan, Maybury, Gerrbrand, Sheehan, Hughes, Porter, O'Grady, Chambers
Hughes has got to play as far as I'm concerned. Two wingers is pushing it, I would have thought. I've a feeling Sunderland will want to keep Welsh, and even if they are prepared to let him go we may not be able to afford the fee.

Last edited:
Teebag76 said:
What do you think of targeting the following players (wages may be the stumbling block)
Kevin Campbell Free Transfer
Shaun Newton Free Transfer
Duncan Ferguson Free Transfer
Ben Thatcher Free Transfer
Gareth McAuley Free Transfer
Lee Clark Free Transfer
Andy Johnson WBA Free Transfer

These will all be mentioned on the "could do a job for us" thread that's due to start any day now I'm sure :)

My views r that we dont need to bring in a left back because i think that sheehan will b fit and get a pre-season under his belt and if RK is keeping tiatto then he is cover, or maybe nissa cover left back and central defence. I just think it would be dead money.:102:

Also believe weso will be a quality player next season has long as the injurys dont flare up again and again. Joey liked getting forward and was very effective when he did but that left the defence open. he couldnt do both and thats why our fortunes changed when weso was in there with joey because of his defensive qualitys.:icon_wink

Do need right midfielder, central midfielder and left winger though.

glyn said:
Would be fantastic, wouldn't it? Alongside Weso or Hughes though?
Too injury prone these days I'm afraid. We need players who can guarantee to be available for most games, bearing in mind the size of the squad and the relative inexperience of a lot of our players. And then there would be the question of his salary..........

With Maybury if he's a fairly high earner then I don't think it would be the end of the world to lose him. On the other hand if we can't get anyone of a better standard in then I'd be quite happy for him to be here next year.

De Vries and Hammond - both should go immediately. De Vries must be a fairly high earner and I don't think Elvis even warrants being 4th in line in front of, say, Chambers. Someone like Horsfield would be good. Or Heskey when Brum get relegated. :icon_wink

I really don't think Tiatto warrants a contract, I don't rate him and think the contract would be better off spent on someone else. On the other hand I get a feeling that some on this forum will go beserk if anyone over 29 joins us, which isn't right. A couple of older heads will be useful, as long as they are picked wisely.

Real Sharapova said:
Too injury prone these days I'm afraid. We need players who can guarantee to be available for most games, bearing in mind the size of the squad and the relative inexperience of a lot of our players. And then there would be the question of his salary..........

Absolutely, and both reasons why it won't happen.
But - it's Muzzy. And as Fowler showed, logic goes out of the window when it's a club legend!

I personally think we are all going to get a big reality check this summer.

I think we are going to sign **** all in terms of players because we have sweet FA and even though the majority of players mentioned are frees they will all be out of our league.

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
I personally think we are all going to get a big reality check this summer.

I think we are going to sign **** all in terms of players because we have sweet FA and even though the majority of players mentioned are frees they will all be out of our league.

but what else will we talk about?!

I see an 'in' wish list as pie in the sky. Even on free transfers I think RK will have to lose a wage to offer one, so to bring six in six have to go and if they still have two years on contract that could be difficult. I am glad to see others agree that Tiatto would be an asset if he would stay. MDV often got undeserved 'stick', even if he scored a goal! People point out Tiatto's bad backpass, but nobody has mentioned the two or three passes Hume pushed straight to the opposition. Why is he cheered every time he touches the ball, or blasts it into row Z or the corner flag? Nobody in this team yet gives a flawless performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00