Kenton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avril Levein

Does anyone think that releasing Crapizas will allow Levein to go and get Kenton? (who has looked excellent at centre back)

I think it will depend on the fee Southampton will want for him. Though i agree he has played well at centre back next to McCarthy. I also think we need a left back, preferably someone as good as Maybury

I reckon when we've played 4-4-2 and had both of them fit, Tiatto and Stewart have worked well down the left wing, as either can play left back/wing

CL has already said he is looking for two commanding centre halves. Kenton is quick but i wouldnst say he is commanding. We already have Maybury at Right Back although he feels comfortable playing him at Left Back if required.

It wouldnt surprise me if he didnt go for Kenton but instead pursued Webster knowing he would cost big money. I wouldnt be surprised also if he made a bid for the big stump at Dundee he enwuired about earlier this seson (cant remember his name!)

The Voice From Above said:
CL has already said he is looking for two commanding centre halves. Kenton is quick but i wouldnst say he is commanding. We already have Maybury at Right Back although he feels comfortable playing him at Left Back if required.

It wouldnt surprise me if he didnt go for Kenton but instead pursued Webster knowing he would cost big money. I wouldnt be surprised also if he made a bid for the big stump at Dundee he enwuired about earlier this seson (cant remember his name!)

Our understanding is that Craig is looking for pace rather than height.

Also with as many players as possible that the can play in a variety of positions which will enable a smaller squad size. He said at the Trust AGM he would like 2 players for every position, but thinks we would end up with a squad of 18-20, hence need several multi position players.

Kenton appears to fit the bill under this logic along with Sylla

Loyal_Supporter said:
Im sure that southampton will want to hold on to Kenton if they get relagated!!!

Maybe if they do get relegated, they will be looking to offload players, and we can rip them off by offering less money than it would have required.

Loyal_Supporter said:
Im sure that southampton will want to hold on to Kenton if they get relagated!!!

I don't they'l want to clear the decks IMO.

Well I happen to think that he's on wages they can't afford, and neither can we. Tbh I think he'l want to leave aswell, as Rednapp look like hes going to quit if they go down.

The Voice From Above said:

Lee Wilkie... but he is out for a year injured. Got injured last week!!!!

We are trying to sign DK, problem is that Southampton will have to pay him to go ! talks are well underway to try to crank up a deal !

nice 1 MB top quality as always :-D

good move CL he looks quality at centtre back and hes pacy. spot on

mad biker said:
We are trying to sign DK, problem is that Southampton will have to pay him to go ! talks are well underway to try to crank up a deal !

Why will they have to pay him to go? :?

Cheers for the news MB. Kenton looks good so it would be good to keep him, especially since he's versatile.

Graz said:
Why will they have to pay him to go? :?

Could be a couple of things

- pay will be significantly less, so club ends up paying the equivalant of part of his weekly wage

and/or

- a loyalty bonus clause if he sees out his contract, which he wouldn't qualify for.

Don't know any info in DK's case, but these are factors which have affected contract negotiations with ins/outs over the last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669