Kenton

Status
Not open for further replies.
owe salad?

Harry Redknapp has confirmed he intends to stay on as manager of Southampton next season.
Redknapp took over at St Mary's in December but was unable to save them from relegation and admitted he was unsure about his future.

But after holding talks with chairman Rupert Lowe, he said: "We had a good meeting, it was nice and positive.

"When I walked off the pitch on Sunday, the fans were fantastic and there was no doubt that I wanted to stay."

Redknapp was given time to consider his future by chairman Rupert Lowe, and the former West Ham and Portsmouth boss has decided to remain with the Saints.

"I sat down with the chairman and went through the squad looking at next season," he added.

"What is important is that we try to keep hold of our best players.

"You've got to keep them and give us a chance of getting up, all I wanted was confirmation of that from the chairman that we will look to keep the best players here and add one or two free transfers or whatever we can find."

There will almost certainly be changes to the Southampton squad for next season, with Redknapp already critical of the number of players at the club.

Loan signings Henri Camara and Calum Davenport are set to return to Wolves and Tottenham respectively, while free transfer arrival Olivier Bernard is on a short-term contract and is unlikely to remain.

Former England player Graeme Le Saux is believed to have decided to retire and Anders Svensson, Darren Kenton, Jo Tessem, Jamie Redknapp, Brett Ormerod and Jason Dodd are all likely to be released

Darren Kenton - sign him up if we can afford the wages

Brett Ormerod - get him

Jamie Redknapp - possibility? or liability?

cooperLCFCanstey said:
Darren Kenton - sign him up if we can afford the wages

Brett Ormerod - get him

Jamie Redknapp - possibility? or liability?

Quality player, but not in CL's mould.

It'd be nice to see Jamie Redknapp at LCFC but I can envisage the following conversation between Craig Levein and Jamie Redknapp:

*Buzzzzzzz*

Door opens

CL: Halooe Jamie, how goes ya, dae ye want a job?

JR: 'eaven and 'ell dad said I can't play for the saints no more 'cause i'm Macaroni in the buff!

CL: Weel ye can play fur us jamie, i'll gie ye a contract. hoo diz a grain a week an' two years soond?

JR: Sounds great craig! whats the bloody catch?

CL: Weel yer lass is pure fit (but mah gosh, dornt she jus noo it) sae eh'd loch tae see 'er gash at leest twice a week.

JR: Ya make me Uncle Dick , i'm garn ter report ya ter the bladdy footie league me old china plate. Goodbye!

CL: Ne'er min' jamie, aam sure colin warnock will sign ye, cheerio the noo.

Joe_Fox said:
It'd be nice to see Jamie Redknapp at LCFC but I can envisage the following conversation between Craig Levein and Jamie Redknapp:

*Buzzzzzzz*

Door opens

CL: Halooe Jamie, how goes ya, dae ye want a job?

JR: 'eaven and 'ell dad said I can't play for the saints no more 'cause i'm Macaroni in the buff!

CL: Weel ye can play fur us jamie, i'll gie ye a contract. hoo diz a grain a week an' two years soond?

JR: Sounds great craig! whats the bloody catch?

CL: Weel yer lass is pure fit (but mah gosh, dornt she jus noo it) sae eh'd loch tae see 'er gash at leest twice a week.

JR: Ya make me Uncle Dick , i'm garn ter report ya ter the bladdy footie league me old china plate. Goodbye!

CL: Ne'er min' jamie, aam sure colin warnock will sign ye, cheerio the noo.
that is just quality. joe.

the word plagiarism springs to mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673